Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 27/12/17 @ 19:45 live on Sky

Decky

Remarkable thing about that year is it was the only one Pardew didn't obsess over "Purples" and low and behold the backups actually contributed hugely. Afterwards he stripped away the bench and wondered why he couldn't compete anymore.

Remarkable thing about that year is it was the only one Pardew didn't obsess over "Purples" and low and behold the backups actually contributed hugely. Afterwards he stripped away the bench and wondered why he couldn't compete anymore.

Rumour has it Ashley was fuming that we finished in the Europa League. No Champions League money, but increased expectations from his little old Newcastle and a requirement to strengthen the squad for an extra competition. We signed one fucking player all summer (Anita) and Ashley effectively made it clear that qualifying for Europe shouldn't happen again.

Pardew naturally went along with it all, the fucking dickhead.

Wonder if Rafa has prioritised other fixtures and will keep a few key players back for the (far) more winnable games against Brighton and Stoke?

I really hope this is the case, I'll be upset if the likes of Atsu, Gayle, Lascelles, Merino et al play in this game

I would certainly rest a few. The schedule is hectic and we have a crucial run of games coming up.

I'd probably leave Merino out if he's still not fully right and just stick Shelvey in. He's back for this one isn't he?

Then I'd rest possibly Atsu/Ritchie and play Murphy and also consider giving Dummett some game time.

Would be just like us to get something here as we all know what would happen if they were on 17 straight defeats. The only thing I'm not expecting is a narrow defeat. We'll get something or take a pounding, nowt in between.