Newcastle United vs Manchester City - 27/12/17 @ 19:45 live on Sky

Decky

Just reading a Man City forum and they seem to be paying us a hell of a lot of respect and think this is a potential banana skin for them.

They just can't go on forever winning games and sometimes it can be complacency that ends up being to blame.

It's likely that they'll beat us but their fans must be aware that a defeat, or more probably a draw, is just around the corner.

A draw for us would be a massively positive result given the circumstances.

We've got to give it a go and try to get something.

:thup:

Just reading a Man City forum and they seem to be paying us a hell of a lot of respect and think this is a potential banana skin for them.

Sane has been poor for a while and De Bruyne could do with a rest

:spit:

Sane has been poor for a while and De Bruyne could do with a rest

:spit:

I wish we had City's problems with Sane playing so awful :-)

I think Sane had a bit of a dip in form but he was outstanding in that Spurs game, he had Trippier on toast. Probably to do with him having a bit more space mind, as Sterling has been the difference maker against teams that sit deep against them. Guardiola seems to want him closer to the goal whereas Sane at times seems to get paint on his boots as he hugs the line like an old school winger.

Sterling & D Silva are the ones I worry about most tbh. There's also a chance both of them will sit the game out, according to the City forums. This would increase our chances of a win by 0.003%. We're gonna' do it boys.

A few seasons ago we played them at home in the league cup and were drawing 0-0 and they brought David Silva on and he completely changed the game. Even though he was only on the pitch for a short period of time it was one of the best individual opposition performances I can remember at SJP

Sterling & D Silva are the ones I worry about most tbh. There's also a chance both of them will sit the game out, according to the City forums. This would increase our chances of a win by 0.003%. We're gonna' do it boys.

A few seasons ago we played them at home in the league cup and were drawing 0-0 and they brought David Silva on and he completely changed the game. Even though he was only on the pitch for a short period of time it was one of the best individual opposition performances I can remember at SJP

Yes, when I watch him play I often get the inclination that there's not a better player in this league than David Silva. He's somehow got even better with age. A joy to watch in the truest sense of the phrase.

He's largely on a wavelength of his own; he dictates and pulls the strings over what is a superb group of players. Says it all really. The way he can find seemingly acres of space on the pitch is/will be a big problem for a team like ours. We deal in very fine margins, and he deals damage in large doses. We will need luck on our side if he plays.

Eventually someone is going to get a good result against them, it's inevitable. Don't see why it can't be us, not because we're better than them because we're clearly light years behind them but most teams are. Great teams like this City one drop points to poorer teams like us, they can't win forever. Let's just have a go and roll the dice, see what happens. I expect a good hiding so anything other than that is a bonus. No pressure, no expectations so just get at them and see how it goes. Nowt to lose.

it's an idea for when we have a long break, FA cup 4th round weekend maybe, create a team consisting of the best individual performaces for and against.

it's an idea for when we have a long break, FA cup 4th round weekend maybe, create a team consisting of the best individual performaces for and against.

Yaya Toure's at St James' the season they finished top and we finished 5th was exceptional. No player in the world could have stopped him from doing whatever the f- he wanted to do that day. We played class as well as I remember, they were gliding to the title by that point though, too confident for us.

...but aye, will make for a good discussion at a later day :thup:

Agree with everyone praising Silva, the guy is an absolute wizard and one of the best i've seen.  He reminds me of Messi but with less turn of pace and shooting ability.  That's not meant to make him sound average but it does somehow  :lol:

If he doesn't play it'll be a big boost for us.

TBH it really doesn't matter who they field. Even their subs cost more individually than most of our team put together. Nonetheless, they're only human. We need to make it a horrible atmosphere for them to play in and have a real siege mentality. Get behind the lads and boo the fuck out of these. If we get anything today it's a massive bonus and with results yesterday it could make a massive difference to our season, especially with the morale boost it will provide.