Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Did well with the assist and worked hard, but got stressed too easily when he had time on the ball after we took the lead, resulting in handing the ball over to Liverpool and inviting more pressure onto us.

His major downfall is that he is too slow on the ball and gets caught in possession a lot.

He played well last night as we were mainly defending and pressing tbf.

Good pass for the goal.

Reality is that we drop down a notch when he is on the field...

I thought he started poorly, but grew into the game and played really well.  Before tiring late on, the same as the other two midfielders he was playing with. 

He defended brilliantly and was great off the ball.  I do think he is a bit limited in possession.  But in fairness, I thought Willock and Joelinton were also really sloppy when they got the ball last night.  Probably all just absolutely fucked from putting in such a shift.  That when they finally got a chance to make something happen, they didn't quite have the energy levels.  All round from the midfield, it felt like a lot of misplaced or underhit passes, scuffed clearances, heavy touches etc.  

To a man, the starting XI were quality last night and all put in a power of running.  Love that saying :lol: 

I like his defensive efforts and he’s clearly capable of picking a decent pass to set someone free on goal. His overall passing ability is not good enough though, we lose a lot of possession from his inaccurate passing and he has no technical ability to dribble with the ball. Should really only be featuring as a sub but this is where we are right now. He’s got a good attitude and hopefully he can develop a bit more even though I don’t expect his game to change significantly

4 hours ago, buzza said:

His major downfall is that he is too slow on the ball and gets caught in possession a lot.

He played well last night as we were mainly defending and pressing tbf.

Good pass for the goal.

Reality is that we drop down a notch when he is on the field...

Every team drops down a notch when their best player is missing. I think he's grown in confidence during this spell in the team and wouldn't be concerned to see him in the starting line-up again, alongside Bruno and Joelinton.

On 28/08/2022 at 16:06, Pata said:

Thought he was fine and looked confident, that was the first PL game in ages where he was the main ball distributor in the midfield.

Thought he was slow thinking, under confident and out of his depth (take no pleasure in saying so). 

p.s. sorry, commenting on different games.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Just now, Andy said:

Some good passes today, but he gets bypassed far too easily and is unable to carry the ball at all; probably one of the least dynamic premier league midfielders I can think of.

he's 5th choice. unforunately he's up to 3rd due to injuries.

i think anderson will gradually overtake him unless Eddie thinks he's more of a wide player.