Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

To be fair, last season he was waaaaaaay better with the ball than he was the year before. Perhaps we trust him and Eddie to get him back to his best?

We know he's not as good as Tonali on the ball but Longstaff is still vital to our success. We will need both.

Sharpness on the ball was understandably off, about 70 mins in I was hoping Tonali would come on, just so we could get control of the game on the ball. That said, his forward movement, energy and breaking up of play was what we have been missing the last few games. 

13 hours ago, Lotus said:

Until he clearly tired I thought his running was exceptional. We wouldn’t have won if it wasn’t for his engine imo.

Agree with this. Poor team performance he was probably our best til tiring. Wilson motm was a bit weird. Token one cos he scored 

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Had that one went in!! he  had his shaky moments but also worked very hard and almost won us the game stopping that attacking then getting a chance of his own, again our midfield looks better with him in it.

He was certainly better than "superstar" Guimares.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

He was certainly better than "superstar" Guimares.

What does this even mean?

Bruno was fine as was longstaff.

That comment makes it sound like he's took some kind of hissy fit or some shit

He's ran his bollocks off as usual

Dear me

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

What does this even mean?

Bruno was fine as was longstaff.

That comment makes it sound like he's took some kind of hissy fit or some shit

He's ran his bollocks off as usual

Dear me

I thought Longstaff was the best out of our midfielders for clarity.  Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.  I think we all know who's having a "hissy fit".

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

I thought Longstaff was the best out of our midfielders for clarity.  Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.  I think we all know who's having a "hissy fit".

Why not just say you thought he was better than bruno

Why the superstar bit?

I think he’s outstanding off the ball and really important in those wide areas. Makes that underlapping run all the while and often times it well. Positionally he is great and his workrate is unmatched. He’s an important player and I bet he is a coach’s dream the way he follows instructions and how tactically aware he seems to be.  

But I honestly feel I am watching a different game to others at times? I think he is severely limited on the ball and struggles with any sort of positive passing. His touch is poor and he takes an age to do anything in possession. 

He certainly needs to be in the team at present, based on who is available. But when we have the Joe combo fit. I think in time, he will become more of a player for certain games and situations. Not a starter.