Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

A central midfielder who shows zero interest in tracking back. Players just run past him and he saunters back like he hasn’t a care in the world. He can get fucked.

His fucking face annoys me at this point. Him and his rodent brother. Fucking Steptoe and Son looking goons.

He looked like he could be a player, under Benitez, but he has regressed so much since then. Is it a lack of confidence and/or coaching? Something definitely not right.

He came in to the team like a breath of fresh air, after about 5 games he was misplacing passes and playing them short, then got injured, hasnt been the same since. I wonder if those first few games werent an adrenalin high ?

He looked like he could be a player, under Benitez, but he has regressed so much since then. Is it a lack of confidence and/or coaching? Something definitely not right.

Even with Rafa there, how many good games did he have? The game against City was one for sure and that’s what got the hype train going.

Takes too long to control the ball and decide what to do, can't break the press, can't take the ball into his stride when he runs forward, slow, turning circle of a tanker, anonymous until he fucks up.

We have no idea if he’s ill or carrying a knock and somehow played. Think he’s been slowly gaining some form and really had a poor game today but in any case, the venom for the local lad is a bit much. He’s playing for the worst manager possible with 0 tactical ability and likely minimal instruction on how to play the position. His most important development should have been under Rafa and it’s not.

He blatantly needs a break and his brother needs to play.

We have no idea if he’s ill or carrying a knock and somehow played. Think he’s been slowly gaining some form and really had a poor game today but in any case, the venom for the local lad is a bit much. He’s playing for the worst manager possible with 0 tactical ability and likely minimal instruction on how to play the position. His most important development should have been under Rafa and it’s not.

He blatantly needs a break and his brother needs to play.

Yeah bit over the top the criticism of this lad, far bigger problems at the club. His regression is in line with other players who have now been coached for over a year by Bruce. For Longstaff you can also add St Maximum and Almiron.

The only part I disagree with is that he needs a break, what he needs more than anything is games under a competent manager. Unfortunately he won’t be getting that anytime soon.

Seeing the Sean Longstaff thread top whilst the Steve Bruce 1 lingers down the list is quite strange. Yes Longstaff was utter shite last night but it's that fat twat of a manager who needs to be getting it both barrels from people. Every single player has regressed under Bruce so to target 1 or 2 I find weird.

Seeing the Sean Longstaff thread top whilst the Steve Bruce 1 lingers down the list is quite strange. Yes Longstaff was utter shite last night but it's that fat twat of a manager who needs to be getting it both barrels from people. Every single player has regressed under Bruce so to target 1 or 2 I find weird.

Yes, it doesn't help a player's progression having Bruce as a manager, but if you can't see why posters are so pissed off with Longstaff, then I just don't know what to say.

He wanted to play for Rafa and worked hard to justify Rafas belief in him.  I don't think he wants to play for Bruce, he's not one of Brucies mates or inner circle and he's not enjoying his football.  I blame no one but the lip licker

Guest neesy111

Seeing the Sean Longstaff thread top whilst the Steve Bruce 1 lingers down the list is quite strange. Yes Longstaff was utter s**** last night but it's that fat t*** of a manager who needs to be getting it both barrels from people. Every single player has regressed under Bruce so to target 1 or 2 I find weird.

Yes, it doesn't help a player's progression having Bruce as a manager, but if you can't see why posters are so p*ssed off with Longstaff, then I just don't know what to say.

A player being shit and being under Bruce are not mutually exclusive.

I thought the hype he got during that run of games under Rafa was OTT and a bit of the classic player coming through the the academy and everyone wanting him to do well.  Media didn't help this as well.

I think he's championship level at best especially with the time he always wants on the ball.

Personally think his brother is the better prospect.

Yes, it doesn't help a player's progression having Bruce as a manager, but if you can't see why posters are so pissed off with Longstaff, then I just don't know what to say.

Of course I can see why people are pissed off with him. But for a player to be bearing the brunt of our current predicament ahead of Steve Bruce, I just dont know what to say...

Still believe there is a player in there, but he needed that Rafa coaching and to be part of a setup where he understands his role and what goes on around him supports him. He doesn't seem to be in a system thats drilled or getting the individual coaching that he needs. It's cruel really, he would eventually establish himself and mature his talent but he's lost his way and Bruce is never going to help him back on that path. We need a player that's seasoned to perform without the comfort of good coaching or operating in a well constructed system if Bruce is in charge.

Bruce ball has simialr traits to Pardew. Relies on unqiue moments of individual skill over a team system creating chances to finish.

Of course I can see why people are pissed off with him. But for a player to be bearing the brunt of our current predicament ahead of Steve Bruce, I just dont know what to say...

Look at the Bruce thread - he is getting plenty of abuse  :lol:

I was just really annoyed with Longstaff last night. The amount of times he got caught on the ball (twice for goals), and there was a moment, where he had space, got played in through centre midfield - and he can't sort his feet out, can't take control (of a very easy pass) and the attack breaks down. Dire.