Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Longstaff and Shelvey are both so one paced and they're always miles apart from each other.

Lemina and Anguissa easily won the midfield battle

Our possession stats say every midfield wins the battle against us, we're turboshite.

We've had to improve our midfield since Cabaye left. Since him our transition is non f***ing existent.

It's because Shelvey/Longstaff go to our CB's and collect the ball off them. No other team in the league does it, it is outdated and reduces the number of passing options in which to build attacks.

We've had to improve our midfield since Cabaye left. Since him our transition is non f***ing existent.

It's because Shelvey/Longstaff go to our CB's and collect the ball off them. No other team in the league does it, it is outdated and reduces the number of passing options in which to build attacks.

And despite doing that, neither of CM's offer our CB's any cover if we lose possession. We're utterly pathetic in our tactics, still it'll change Brucey baby said so.

Terrible again today. Absolutely ruined.

No idea why he wasn't taken off after losing the ball, pushing mitro then giving up and not  bothering to track back letting him into a dangerous position.

Needs dropping and replacing. More so needs an actually coach.

I think a few are starting to catch up to what I’ve been saying for weeks/months about this cunt. He doesn’t give a flying fuck. Attitude is all wrong.

I could go into specific details but what’s the point. We all saw it over the last two games.

We should have snapped the hand off whatever Man Utd offered and laughed at them for many years, I somehow think we’d be lucky if Blackpool offered to just pay his wages for a season or two loan at this point.

Delusional too if he thinks his new agent is going to get him a move anywhere decent.

Every game now he seems to faff about on the ball and get pushed off it leading to a dangerous attack. Meanwhile he just slowly saunters back. Not that he could catch up anyway with his lack of pace.

But so many of our players need an eternity to get the ball under control and then make a pass. It was painful watching, especially 2nd half when Fulham stopped pressing and we just passed it across the back 4 nice and slow and then run out of ideas so just pumped it long to Wilson. Just showed the complete lack of coaching going on.

I've seen better build up play from Sunday league players. The amount of time players like longstaff think they have aswell is like Sunday league. This is allegedly the best and fastest paced league in the world and we have shit like longstaff and Richie starting in 2020.

The full team was poor yesterday, but it's partly how we're setup. Another poster has mentioned that both Shelvey and Longstaff drop deep so we essentially have a 4 - 2 - 2 - 2, which limits any attacking options. The amount of long forward balls that were wasted after passing it around in our own half was appalling. He's prone to errors and has too much time on the ball which leads to a turnover in possession - I'm not sure if it's because when he first came into the team he kept it simple and was more pass/move?

He isn't a terrible player, but his development has stalled and it's due to a lack of quality in the team. The only thing he is developing is bad habits that are leading to us conceding goals.

The full team was poor yesterday, but it's partly how we're setup. Another poster has mentioned that both Shelvey and Longstaff drop deep so we essentially have a 4 - 2 - 2 - 2, which limits any attacking options. The amount of long forward balls that were wasted after passing it around in our own half was appalling. He's prone to errors and has too much time on the ball which leads to a turnover in possession - I'm not sure if it's because when he first came into the team he kept it simple and was more pass/move?

He isn't a terrible player, but his development has stalled and it's due to a lack of quality in the team. The only thing he is developing is bad habits that are leading to us conceding goals.

He works best the forward player between him and Hayden, he must take it upon himself to grasp a game, there’s only so much a manager can do albeit ours won’t improve him , Sean must buck his ideas up, believe in himself and learn to for once boss a game in the way Henderson does otherwise he’s a ten a penny player most teams have in the reserve side.

I’m not a fan of how fast people write off young players across the board and I do think Longstaff has potential to be a good player if he continues to work on what he did under Rafa. Bruce has to take a portion of the blame but so does Longstaff on this occasion. You can’t go from talking about having distractions around the Man U bid, publicly hiring agents who leak stuff to the media and then turn out performances like this first half v Palace and the entire Leeds game. I didn’t see yesterday’s game but I don’t think I’ve seen a worse cm performance against Leeds since some of the games a I’m back used to hack and side pass his way through. He’s really at a cross-roads in his career at present and that could either be a decent Premier League midfielder or a football league journeyman.

I’m not a fan of how fast people write off young players across the board and I do think Longstaff has potential to be a good player if he continues to work on what he did under Rafa. Bruce has to take a portion of the blame but so does Longstaff on this occasion. You can’t go from talking about having distractions around the Man U bid, publicly hiring agents who leak stuff to the media and then turn out performances like this first half v Palace and the entire Leeds game. I didn’t see yesterday’s game but I don’t think I’ve seen a worse cm performance against Leeds since some of the games a I’m back used to hack and side pass his way through. He’s really at a cross-roads in his career at present and that could either be a decent Premier League midfielder or a football league journeyman.

I don’t think folk are writing him off but good players are consistent, potential comes and goes and under Bruce who isn’t going anywhere fast the obvious answer is he will regress I’m afraid .

you can tell his confidences is shot. scared of making a mistake and seems to panic even the before the ball gets to him. may be still a player in there but he needs an arm round him and some one-on-one coaching.