Fabian Schär

The ball to Trippier for Wilson's goal man. Charges up to the box, everyone thinks it's a ping coming and then he puts in the full back with his wrong foot. Made it look effortless as well. Honestly man, you'd be happy if your 10 did that.

5 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

The ball to Trippier for Wilson's goal man. Charges up to the box, everyone thinks it's a ping coming and then he puts in the full back with his wrong foot. Made it look effortless as well. Honestly man, you'd be happy if your 10 did that.

Not taking anything away from him, but a 10 would most likely not get so much time on the ball. He can get into these positions as the opposition has no clue who should press him. That's in part why he's so great - that he has the skill and confidence to go on these runs. I've no doubt he'd have scored if he had taken the shot instead either :lol:

18 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Was sat on the bench whilst we played a back three of Krafth, Lascelles and Clark. Never forget.

He's like Coloccini without the mistakes.

He’s actually better than Coloccini at absolutely everything but it’s largely taken for granted, whereas Colo was revered. Shows how far we’ve come, I guess.

34 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Didn’t go down with a head injury then be perfectly alright 

Worrying 

At one point he was checking his nose like it had started bleeding or something. In the first half he was on the ball, passed it off and then put his hand to his face about 3 times. I remember thinking "well it's not quite a head injury but a spontaneous nosebleed is fairly on brand".

23 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not taking anything away from him, but a 10 would most likely not get so much time on the ball. He can get into these positions as the opposition has no clue who should press him. That's in part why he's so great - that he has the skill and confidence to go on these runs. I've no doubt he'd have scored if he had taken the shot instead either :lol:

Aye fair point.

13 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Ando screaming for him to hit it!

13 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

These past couple of seasons has already put him down as one of the best defenders I’ve seen play for Newcastle in the 30 years I’ve followed them.

him alongside a fully fit Woody, man.  

13 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s actually better than Coloccini at absolutely everything but it’s largely taken for granted, whereas Colo was revered. Shows how far we’ve come, I guess.

Colo had better footballing ability. Both very similar styles of defender. Both lacking sadly pace which can be exposed. Schär stronger in the air and better at shooting and I dare say free kicks. Ball at their feet there is no contest with Colo coming out on top. Colo would be great in this team also.