Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Thing is, every time he got onto the end of Bruno's through balls, everybody else seemed too slow to react. I think Wilson actually acknowledged this in is post-match interview. Fair enough Wilson was marked by 2 CBs and he got his goal by rectifying it, but Willock should have been taking at least one of them away. watching his goal, the attack is a bit slower and the short pass to Joelinton draws the CB out to allow Wilson the opportunity to get in at the near post.

What's annoying about Miggy's lack of right foot usage is that he scored an absolute rocket away from home with his right foot versus Wolves a few seasons back. 

*if you look that goal up - Gayle does a lovely chest pass to Willems who does a perfect chop back, then Gayle lays off a perfect pass to Miggy who has more confidence to blast it with his right foot than passing it Joelinton who would have had a free shot on goal :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When he skied that shot from 12 yards out after a perfect ball from Maxi, I thought “here we go again” but credit to him for not letting his head drop, getting the goal and going on all those runs 

Perfect ball on his strong foot man ... I couldn't believe it.

Great to see him fight through it and come back to score. How he managed to get something on that ball which came to him so awkwardly after missing such a straight forward chance I'll never know :lol:

Bruno has such a good understanding of his runs and vice versa, Almiron knows when to make a run when Bruno has the ball. Against weaker sides we will get a lot of goals from that link-up play even accounting for Almiron’s output not being good enough sometimes 

Just now, Holloway said:

he's loving those runs in behind now, he;s off immediately the moment he lays it off. The one footed knacker

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Bruno has such a good understanding of his runs and vice versa, Almiron knows when to make a run when Bruno has the ball. Against weaker sides we will get a lot of goals from that link-up play even accounting for Almiron’s output not being good enough sometimes 

Yeah mate you can see the pattern .KDB showing us how to execute it