Miguel Almirón

Deuce

10 would have been a fantastic return for Miggy. If he stays fit, he should make that comfortably.

We should be asking questions of other players in the squad, particularly Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock and ASM when he returns.

Also, our CBs should be getting a goal or two.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

10 would have been a fantastic return for Miggy. If he stays fit, he should make that comfortably.

We should be asking questions of other players in the squad, particularly Longstaff, Joelinton, Willock and ASM when he returns.

Also, our CBs should be getting a goal or two.

Fair comment. 

Longstaff is terrible at shooting and should do better with some of the positions he gets in on the edge of the box. 

Willock gets in good areas and has missed some good chances this season. He certainly should be chipping in with more. 

Big Joe goes from being one of our most composed players. To Riviere on smack when he gets near the box. 

ASM has always been erratic and should get more goals. I guess the argument would be, if his end product was better. We never would have signed him and he would have gone to a bigger club. 

Fair enough to me. I'm loving his new lease of life but I'm not at the point of assuming it's like this forever yet.

As an aside, and in my view it's a good thing, Howe seems to be very clued on the contractual and transfer side of things at the club. I don't like club structures where the manager/coach appears oblivious to what the DOF is up to.

The Robben comparisons are absolutely spot on. He's being absolutely dominant on that side with his left foot. What we're seeing this season, that we didn't before, is the confidence for him to take people on, to have faith in his ability, and have that mean streak to take that chance. Joelinton levels of redemption for this lad.