Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Not the first time that's happened during a takeover saga with Edwards/The Telegraph. Genuinely baffled by it, why doesn't the employer ask for his input if he has information?

He takes pleasure in winding our fans up, what he says is meaningless. If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t mean he had any knowledge about it.

They’ve probably completed Due Diligence, found out that Ashley has us tucked up nicely in various contracts beneficial to him that would need separate negotiation and all those generous interest free loans when he relegated us twice to be repayable.

I can’t see this happening but you have to ask why it came out in the WSJ first and if Staveley is involved you’d have thought she’d be better prepared to negotiate Ashley’s way of conducting business and would also know what to expect from Due Diligence.

It makes too much sense for Ashley to bail out now, falling ST numbers, end of the 10 year deal, the whole club needing major investment; he might be tempted but the vindictiveness will get the better of him.

They’ve probably completed Due Diligence, found out that Ashley has us tucked up nicely in various contracts beneficial to him that would need separate negotiation and all those generous interest free loans when he relegated us twice to be repayable.

I can’t see this happening but you have to ask why it came out in the WSJ first and if Staveley is involved you’d have thought she’d be better prepared to negotiate Ashley’s way of conducting business and would also know what to expect from Due Diligence.

It makes too much sense for Ashley to bail out now, falling ST numbers, end of the 10 year deal, the whole club needing major investment; he might be tempted but the vindictiveness will get the better of him.

And then he goes and gets £340 million for it, I never thought Ashley was a willing seller but the ducks do seem to be lining up

The loans aren't an issue- it would be absolutely standard for those to be repaid as part of the consideration for the club. Whenever you see price tags bandied about- that is inclusive of those loans.

Trying not to entertain a single thought of this happening, but then at the same time my brain is taking me to directions of trying to work out what moves he has made recently that would help to reduce any potential capital gains tax coming his way. Can't think of any slightly dubious moves the club had made recently though.......

I don't understand why the deal could collapse because it's being leaked to the press.

Because Mike Ashley is a petty, spiteful twat and a control freak and would cancel the whole thing because it wasn't announced on his say so.

He’s milked the club dry, he’s lucky Bruce has been a lucky cunt this season or it would be another relegation on the cards, and this time we wouldn’t bounce back as the fans would have no appetite for it. If things do equal themselves out, next season the club is relegated Anyway, so it’s just delaying the inevitable, allowing further rot to set in just like the mackems did.

He walked away now with £100m cash in pocket and same again on free advertising. Not bad for how shit he’s been.