Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest The Little Waster

“We've got five points (from six games). We're one below par - that's the way I see it at the moment. It's been like that for the past couple of years, so we know what's expected and we'll try and get better.'

:lol: 38 points is the lofty aim then.

Theres always the FA Cup ... its a great day ou... oh

Thick cunt doesn't even realise that under par is better than par.

My thoughts exactly :lol:

Surely over par then you fucking wingnut.

I tell what fucks me right off. If we'd nicked that game in the last few minutes, the mood music would be hugely different and yet the performance would've been completely fucking hopeless.

There seems to be so few people out there prepared to come out and call this what it is. A joke of an appointment.

I'm convinced the 'Bruce era' will be remember with as much jocularity as the Carver/Kinnear era's. Possibly even more so because he was the fall guy following Rafa.

If the two plums in charge had any degree of football knowledge they'd have gone in big for a Potter/Arteta/Vieira who the fans would've given more time too.

How they can expect anyone to get behind this gonad is anyones guess.

That was the vilest form of football I have ever witnessed.  I sat stunned as the game started and we played off the ball, allowing Brighton to grow into the game.  To play a relegation game, at home, as if you were playing Citeh away is completely and utterly daft.  What was Bruce thinking?  With that strategy, the games was not won before the ball was even kicked.  Even Pards wasn't this gormless.

It starts with his selection of Shelvey.  Not only slow of foot, Shelvey is slow of wit as well.  If I had any goodwill towards the club I might feel sorry for him.  Watching him stand, slump shouldered with his head down, I was reminded of a fading star finally realizing that the game has passed him by.  But Shelvey is not any of that.  He's a petulant 27 year old with limited athleticism and absolutely zero desire to make up for his physical failings with an active mind and any attempt at reading the game. 

So did Bruce decide to play soft to protect his gutless quarterback or did he play soft because it was safer to play to not lose?

Probably both.

The fact that the listless squad showed some spark after Shelvey was removed has to have registered with even the dim Bruce and the fact that there may have been an argument (?) about his removal speaks volumes.  Bearing in mind that those volumes are either populated with, at best, empty pages or the childish passive aggressive pictures of a psuedo footballer and his vapid head coach.

Bruce's post game quotes were farcical.  The only truth he spoke was when he said the team stole one.  And even that wouldn't have happened if not for the brilliant effort of Fabian Schar.  The same Schar who blasted the team's effort as "shit".  I'd like to get into his here.  Did the team play passive against Bruce's wishes?  I doubt it.  Cabbage head looked calm on the sideline, indicating that the plan was, indeed, to play soft against a toothless Brighton squad.  so the fact that the squad played like "shit" was more of a veiled criticism of the plan and by direct association their fearful leader, Bruce.

So when Shelvey comes off (with Almiron) for Ki (and St Maximin) what changed?  With Shelvey off did the plan change to a more aggressive pressing defense, leading to a brighter offense flow?  Or, did the players shrug off Bruce's passive desires?  Enquiring minds want to know.

What we do know is that Shelvey should not see the pitch from anything other than a seat in the stands.

What we do know is that Bruce is on the verge of mutiny.  He's well in over his head and even the happy clappers will be consumed by apathy as Newcastle, under Bruce's leadership, sleepwalk through the foreseeable future.

That was the vilest form of football I have ever witnessed.  I sat stunned as the game started and we played off the ball, allowing Brighton to grow into the game.  To play a relegation game, at home, as if you were playing Citeh away is completely and utterly daft.  What was Bruce thinking?  With that strategy, the games was not won before the ball was even kicked.  Even Pards wasn't this gormless.

It starts with his selection of Shelvey.  Not only slow of foot, Shelvey is slow of wit as well.  If I had any goodwill towards the club I might feel sorry for him.  Watching him stand, slump shouldered with his head down, I was reminded of a fading star finally realizing that the game has passed him by.  But Shelvey is not any of that.  He's a petulant 27 year old with limited athleticism and absolutely zero desire to make up for his physical failings with an active mind and any attempt at reading the game. 

So did Bruce decide to play soft to protect his gutless quarterback or did he play soft because it was safer to play to not lose?

Probably both.

The fact that the listless squad showed some spark after Shelvey was removed has to have registered with even the dim Bruce and the fact that there may have been an argument (?) about his removal speaks volumes.  Bearing in mind that those volumes are either populated with, at best, empty pages or the childish passive aggressive pictures of a psuedo footballer and his vapid head coach.

Bruce's post game quotes were farcical.  The only truth he spoke was when he said the team stole one.  And even that wouldn't have happened if not for the brilliant effort of Fabian Schar.  The same Schar who blasted the team's effort as "shit".  I'd like to get into his here.  Did the team play passive against Bruce's wishes?  I doubt it.  Cabbage head looked calm on the sideline, indicating that the plan was, indeed, to play soft against a toothless Brighton squad.  so the fact that the squad played like "shit" was more of a veiled criticism of the plan and by direct association their fearful leader, Bruce.

So when Shelvey comes off (with Almiron) for Ki (and St Maximin) what changed?  With Shelvey off did the plan change to a more aggressive pressing defense, leading to a brighter offense flow?  Or, did the players shrug off Bruce's passive desires?  Enquiring minds want to know.

What we do know is that Shelvey should not see the pitch from anything other than a seat in the stands.

What we do know is that Bruce is on the verge of mutiny.  He's well in over his head and even the happy clappers will be consumed by apathy as Newcastle, under Bruce's leadership, sleepwalk through the foreseeable future.

Can't argue with much of that although I will contest that that game changed when Shelvey came off. It didn't really because Ki did next to bugger all as well. It actually changed when ASM came on and started running at and through Brighton, and to a lesser when Carroll came on as well.

“We've got five points (from six games). We're one below par - that's the way I see it at the moment. It's been like that for the past couple of years, so we know what's expected and we'll try and get better.'

The hapless old dear seems to have forgotten his early season statement that he wasn't coming here to aim for 17th.  :dowie:

The hapless old dear seems to have forgotten his early season statement that he wasn't coming here to aim for 17th.  :dowie:

Or that it's the best squad he's worked with or that he's looking to play expansive football.

Jackanory, using Edwards and those tools at the local rag, to sell his stories.

He's another Carver tbh.

Errrrr

Most of the replies in that feed seem to be able to pinpoint why it wasn't working much better than Bruce. You can't have a high press when there is a 40yd gap between the midfield and the forwards.

Steve: Luke, you disgusting bald freak, blame a couple of Rafa signings for being lazy fucking vermin and not obeying my English tactics to the thickets will you.

Luke: Of course with pleasure, thank you master