Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I hope he reads this forum, the useless cunt.

Doesn't sound like he could operate a device to read it on.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

In many ways Bruce's decision to make the hot-headed, yellow card-prone Lee Cattermole his captain proved emblematic of a rather gung-ho reign during which players such as David Meyler were rushed back from serious injuries only to suffer further complications, the idea of hiring a sports psychologist was dismissed and the manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.

Steve: Luke, you disgusting bald freak, blame a couple of Rafa signings for being lazy fucking vermin and not obeying my English tactics to the thickets will you.

Luke: Of course with pleasure, thank you master

:lol:

I’d like to know what position he had Willems playing in the first half; were we playing 4 at the back or 3? Dummett was pulling inside as though it was a 3 with wing backs. If that was the case I’ve no idea what Willems was playing at as Brighton had as much time and space as they wanted out wide and if we were a 4 with Willems pushed forward I’ve still no idea what he was doing.

It took Bruce almost 40 minutes to try and get some messages onto the pitch when he should have been screaming instructions after 10 minutes as this particular debacle was right in front of him with Montoya running down the line unchallenged time after time with Willems no where near.

Already hearing among parents at my son’s footy training/matches and among the lads at my footy tonight as well how at least Bruce has got ‘us’ attacking teams more than we did under Rafa and that the football is better... urgh, please tell me that’s not true man?  :fool:

People are idiots..nowt new.

We’ve not scored more than 1 goal in a game yet in his first 7 games.

Scored 2+ goals in 6 of our last 7 home games under Rafa Benitez.

Bruce is making an attacking impression on us though :icon_scratch:

Front page of The Chronicle today.

“Bruce is ready to ditch his front-foot approach” :laugh:

-We’ve scored the least amount of goals in the Premier League.

-And we’ve had the lowest xG(Expected goal chances created).

-And we’ve had the lowest amount of possession.

But we’ve been playing on the front foot under Bruce apparently.

I haven't really posted much here as I find the whole thing too depressing. 

Like many, Rafa was the only thing that was keeping me hanging on.  However, over the summer, when it seemed Rafa was going, I almost convinced myself that I could carry on if we'd appointed a manager you could get behind and believe in.  Although I've come to hate the word, I could have made my peace with a "progressive" manager.  To be honest, appointing a management team like the Cowley brothers would have been enough to believe in a project and stay interested.

But appointing Steve Bruce was just too much.  I don't even hate the bloke and I don't even think he was that bad a manager in the early 2000s.  But football's changed now and it's left the likes of Bruce behind.

For the first time ever, I just don't care anymore.  I'm from the South East so don't go to as many home matches as I used to, but usually try and make 3-4 home matches and all matches in the south east.  I haven't been to a game yet this season and my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the Chelsea match.  I can't quite bring myself to tell him I don't really care anymore and don't want to go.

I fucking hate Mike Ashley.

Front foot football. Ah, is that what it was?! Shame really, i was just starting to enjoy it.

Limited English managers always resort to direct football that relies on long balls and set pieces. It's been written in the stars since we signed Bruce that we'd become a hoofing team, and the signing of Carroll confirmed it.

Creating and scoring goals consistently (on the deck) takes good coaching, intelligence and innovation. Bruce, like Pulis, Allardyce, Hughes, Warnock and a raft of others don't have the brains or coaching skill to get the most out of a group of players from a footballing sense so we'll go 'back to basics', which in shit manager speak means pack the defence, stick a big man up top and try to focus on scoring from set pieces. At the very most it might mean sticking a winger on each side and telling them to get as many crosses in as possible. That is the limit.

Unfortunately it has been proven to work from time to time and in Carroll we have one of the best target men in Europe (when he's fit).  Ditching the 'front foot football' might actually see Bruce turn this around.

Anyone with a braincell can see that. Unfortunately as has been said before, because he's a Geordie and he's "brought big Andy home" most fans will lap it up with the "he's one of us" shit.

Yep. Ashley and Charnley have targeted another Pardew/McClaren type stooge, with the added bonus that he’s a Geordie and will be accepted by a significant part of our fan base (not on here obviously). Bruce is their ideal manager.

Carroll isn't fit enough to start games though. Bruce will have to rely on us still being in the game with 10mins left to play if the plan is for Carroll to "nick" a win.

Joelinton is big enough for us to start booting the ball up to in the meantime. He might even opt for an old school big man/little man partnership when Gayle is fit. Exciting times

Front foot?  When have we been on the front foot?  Bruce is an absolute embarrassment.  He is so far over his head it's ludicrous.  An article in the Mag today destroys him and whatever offensive prowess he might possess.  what is acceptable possession 10%, 5%? 

"We played hard today and performed admirably but we didn't take our chances.  Twice we we lumped it up to Joe in the box but we couldn't get a shot away.  On this day 0-0 was a good result!"