Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

We were awful in the second half. When Carroll and ASM came on, nobody had a clue where anyone was playing.

Carroll was on the wing at one point ffs.

brummie[/member], is this basically the default with Bruce?

Whenever we're not away to the top six - and it's a bank of four in front of a bank of five - the bolded bit appears to be the situation. There's been so many occasions so far where no one appears to have a fucking clue about where they need to be.

Bruce’s teams have always played shit football and looked disjointed and disorganised, but this cunt has actually managed to undo Benitez’ work quicker than i expected.  Under Rafa the football wasn’t exciting but you could see a clear plan on how to win the ball back and how to construct effective counter attacks.

Bruce and his “coaches” have no idea how to win the ball back, it’s usually 1 player half-heartedly putting a bit pressure on the ball until it gets passed to someone else, then another one of our players does the same with zero success.  It’s totally pointless and we’re basically relying on the opposition gifting us the ball.  Then when we do get the ball there is no coherent movement to get up the pitch at all.  The only actual attacking plan i’ve seen from Bruce is to bang the ball over the top for Atsu/Almiron/Joelinton to run onto.  It’s absolutely fucking appalling!

Saying that as Luke Edwards correctly points out English Steve is doing a far better job than the previous incumbent, yet still the remoaners and the traitors give him stick. Sad to see when he is working hard to make England great again.

Bruce’s teams have always played shit football and looked disjointed and disorganised, but this cunt has actually managed to undo Benitez’ work quicker than i expected.  Under Rafa the football wasn’t exciting but you could see a clear plan on how to win the ball back and how to construct effective counter attacks.

Bruce and his “coaches” have no idea how to win the ball back, it’s usually 1 player half-heartedly putting a bit pressure on the ball until it gets passed to someone else, then another one of our players does the same with zero success.  It’s totally pointless and we’re basically relying on the opposition gifting us the ball.  Then when we do get the ball there is no coherent movement to get up the pitch at all.  The only actual attacking plan i’ve seen from Bruce is to bang the ball over the top for Atsu/Almiron/Joelinton to run onto.  It’s absolutely fucking appalling!

I think that literally anyone of us could achieve the same if not better than Bruce with this squad with no more experience than just being fans of football.

incredible that they decided that pudgy, clueless wankstain was the appropriate followup to rafa because of local connections and that some people have bought it up.

It's not incredible, when I suggested that he was targeted only because he was a Geordie there was resistance to that idea even on here. But what other reason would  Ashley have actually paid good money to bring him here? He's 'one of our own' just like big Andy Carroll. Did you hear the fans singing that yesterday?

Ashley played us all for mugs after binning Rafa, and it worked.

incredible that they decided that pudgy, clueless wankstain was the appropriate followup to rafa because of local connections and that some people have bought it up.

It's not incredible, when I suggested that he was targeted only because he was a Geordie there was resistance to that idea even on here. But what other reason would  Ashley have actually paid good money to bring him here? He's 'one of our own' just like big Andy Carroll. Did you hear the fans singing that yesterday?

I think they got him because he was the only one prepared to accept it. That he had a local connection, we just a lucky added bonus.

I think they got him because he was the only one prepared to accept it. That he had a local connection, we just a lucky added bonus.

There are any amount of lower league managers who would take the job and a lot of them would be better. Eddie Howe and Graham Potter were scouted and hired by relatively small clubs who couldn't afford the big names. Why would you pay £4m to bring Steve Bruce here? His reputation was shot ages ago. I don't believe the 11th choice rumours either.

There are any amount of lower league managers who would take the job and a lot of them would be better. Eddie Howe and Graham Potter were scouted and hired by relatively small clubs who couldn't afford the big names. Why would you pay £4m to bring Steve Bruce here? His reputation was shot ages ago. I don't believe the 11th choice rumours either.

Howe was a player coach at Bournemouth and then returned as a youth coach before becoming manager, not really scouted.

For every Howe and Potter there are many more failures, it's not easy to pick someone up like this at the early stages.

Desperation.

Also, we probably can’t hire a young promising manager because nobody at NUFC knows who they are.

Definitely think that’s the case. It’s likely Bruce approached us, just like Rafa did and probably Pardew did. McClaren was Carr’s mate. Can’t imagine the muppets at the top (ie Ashley and Charley) would have a clue who to approach.

It's all still incredible imo. :lol: We're all living in some real life perpetual punchline.

Also, we probably can’t hire a young promising manager because nobody at NUFC knows who they are.

That much is evident, most normal owners who don't know much about football will hire someone who does. We gave the job to the secretary.

The really galling thing is for 12 minutes at the end of the game you could see the potential of the team, basically when they abandoned Bruce's "tactics" and went for it.

What the fuck we were doing for the previous 80 minutes I have no idea. The only input i saw from this fat pudding was when he shouted 'time' to one of our players on the ball. Fucking 'time'?! He's a professional footballer you dickhead, if he doesn't know himself that he has 'time' he shouldn't be anywhere near professional football.  If that's the sum total of his game management from the touchline we really are screwed.