Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Does your birthday still get adequately celebrated so close to Christmas?

Mine was 2 days ago and the answer is no. Although I've become quite the fan of such a low key birthday. Never really enjoyed the fuss.

Mine ain't, be even worse next year. :lol:

Why would Lascelles approach Bruce and say that our football doesn't suit his style of play?  :lol: Dudes role is to be a human brick wall.

But why should he have to do it for a solid 90 minutes

I know I know, it was a failed mocking remark. For the record I can't imagine anything more soul destroying than working your whole life ambitiously learning, developing and honing a skill just to wind up working under someone like Bruce whose approach appears to be 'see what happens', 'all the best'.

I’d imagine Lascelles kicked off at the lack of coaching, tactics etc by the current group. Further he probably stuck up for ASM and whoever else kicked off as well. Recall Lascelles lost his shit when the team gave up before relegated and I’m sure he’s got similar feelings that this club will go down with this muppet fraud leading them.

Big Mike ain't gonna lift a finger unless the league position starts to impact the "pending" (hopefully!) transaction of selling the club to the Saudi's. 

Hopefully he's had a look at the fixtures, ASM/Lascelles 'rumours', maybe even popped on to the worlds best forum to gauge fans thoughts on the matter and realises that he'll be better off pulling the trigger now.

Guest reefatoon

Yeah, we only got down to 10th on the managerial list last time, so many more numbers after that to explore. Can’t wait to see who was 24th on the list.

Think loads would jump at the chance to come here

Nah not under Ashley they wouldn't. There's a reason our managers under him have included Kinnear, Pardew, Carver, McClaren and Bruce and that's because they are the calibre of managers who will happily work for Ashley. Desperate has beens who know they shouldn't be anywhere near a Premier League job.

Of course we had Rafa as the exception to the rule but look what happened there.

There's ZERO chance Ashley cans him. Sweet fuck all. He likes him. Bruce takes all the flak, never mutters a bad word, never demands players, never demands training ground improvements and, for as long as he's completely compliant, he'll have a job here.

I honestly think there's a far greater chance of him getting a new contract than sacked.

Ashley also won't give two fucks about the playing staff being unhappy. He had that under Pardew and it was never a factor so all this 'losing the dressing room' shit only matters if it actually counts.

Arteta losing it at Arsenal then maybe.

Bruce here? Totally irrelevant.

:thup: We're also comfortably above the drop zone. Bruce is Ashley's dream manager.

We wont be after the next 3 games!

We should be a lot more attractive to prospective managers now compared to when Rafa left. Ashley has "backed" Bruce, and they would take over from a massively unpopular manager that play the worst football in the league (and probably below half of the league below as well) instead of a someone who was loved by the entire fan base.

Just sack this prick and get Eddie Howe in.

I'd even take Nigel Pearson right now.

Howe won't come here to work for Ashley.

I don’t think Howe would get many better offers than us. We’ve got the attacking players that would suit his passing style, on/off takeover in the background. He could make us look even normal and get tons of praise for it in weeks.

Cabbage head won’t get the sack but I think Howe would be my realistic pick.

If the rumours that Bruce is losing parts of the dressing room are true then the writing is on the wall. He won't be able to keep us in the PL with a team that won't play for him. All it takes is the likes of Wilson to be added to that list of rumoured players and its over.

Think he's here as long as there's a prospect of a takeover, we have 18 pts and should be able to stay clear of relegation this season. Ideally we'd want him to see us through until the takeover goes through, then the new owners would sack him and bring in a real manager.

If the takeover isn't happening then Ashley will keep him until he looks like getting us relegated.