Battered spouses often rationalize the reasoning behind why they were battered

Where IS Seymour?

Fulfilled his contract with Uncle Keith then fucked off when his job was done

Battered spouses often rationalize the reasoning behind why they were battered

Where IS Seymour?

Fulfilled his contract with Uncle Keith then fucked off when his job was done

Not needed.....STs must be on the up ?

Ashley + strategy = Complete Bollocks  Albert Einstein 2019

Well yeh, but that's neither here nor there. I think you might think I'm giving Ashley credit here.

I'm not.

Not exactly looking that way but fair enough.

You’re not against trying to just survive while selling players? What’s the point of it?

I'm absolutely against trying to survive, and as I've mentioned before Steve Bruce will ensure that is what will happen.

I want this to fail because I want Ashley to fuck off, but if I look at it objectively, sans Bruce it isn't the worst strategy. 

But surely it depends why you’re doing it? We shouldn’t need to sell players, keep spending minimal and never try to progress.

We just let a world class manager walk out the door, that tells me the ‘strategy’ does not have any place in it for sporting success.

If we had a strategy of sometimes selling an asset in order to fund improvement, you might have a point.

It could be argued that we let Rafa walk out the door because he didn't agree with Ashley's strategy of buying players only with resale value. His focus was on success now, and for that Rafa felt he needed some experience in the team. You have to pay for that sometimes. Rafa's argument was that he would make money for the club anyway with his buying, and I would back that view.

But Ashley  is very stubborn on sticking to his policy, and success has never been his prime motivation. Bruce might not want to admit to being a yes man, but that can be the only reason he was appointed. If you wanted to hire a manager to take charge of an exciting crop of new signings, why would you pick him?

Guest chopey

12 years of Ashley's lies and then Steve Bruce rocks up and all of a sudden "Mike is Straight as a die" poor deluded fool, I can't wait till Bruce is in his car on transfer deadline day telling the SSN newshounds that Longstaff is going nowhere .................as he is flying over his head in the transfer chopper.

“Straight as a die”?  Except he’s been proven a liar in a court of law.  Parduce is rolling out the same rhetoric all fat mikes men do. He’s embarrassing himself!

You do realise just how extreme the views on this forum are right? Literally every fan I've spoken to outside of here (some of the guys I used to go to the game with, and some lads I play 5 a side with)... they're all willing to give him a chance. The anger is solely directed in one direction, and it's not Bruce's.

This place and Twitter just aren't remotely parallel to the general feeling... not even close. A very loud, aggressive and militant echo chamber.

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

The main reason I'm angry is because ultimately he is a huge step-down from Rafa, and Ashley has yet again shown his complete lack of ambition. Rafa should have been backed, without question. But he's gone.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

I have jacked in my season ticket this year, mainly due to anger at the club's lack of ambition, but I know absolutely fine well that I will still get the same buzz if I ever do go at all this season, especially if we win... I know that because I've already found myself getting excited at the prospect of these signings. I don't think you can lose that childlike excitement... I know I can't. Maybe that's a fault of mine.