Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Numpty reckons Joelinton is good enough to beat Shearer's goal scoring record.

His all time favourite player is Shola, man. What a wassock.

Well Bruce was the tactical mastermind boss of Sunderland that saw Shola blast a hattrick in our 5-1 win. :lol:

Well Bruce was the tactical mastermind boss of Sunderland that saw Shola blast a hattrick in our 5-1 win. :lol:

In fairness to him he invented “3 at the back”

Nah man, that was Glenn Hoddle. He loves shoehorning it into a conversation as much as Sherwood does that he 'gave Harry Kane his debut' (sic).

I think you mean Kevin Nolan.

Nah man, that was Glenn Hoddle. He loves shoehorning it into a conversation as much as Sherwood does that he 'gave Harry Kane his debut' (sic).

I remember Roy Evans playing 3 from about 1994/95

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

I am an outsider so feel free to disregard this post.

Couple of points. Why is he is NUFC through and through a criteria to fill the most the important position in a 100 million dollar operation? This point is not just at Newcastle but at other clubs also. It also seems to be a common line to justify PFM appointments at other places.

I get it if the person has a unique connection, best placed to incorporate a style of football due to his past connection with the club like Guardiola or Keegan. Or the person can use his legendary status to make changes which other people cant, like Zidane. But otherwise, does it matter? Especially with someone as shit as a resume as Bruce. I am dreading the time, the calls for Gerrard to take over, start in the media.

If he is definitely NUFC through and through and has the club at heart, why did he manage Sunderland? It is not like he needed the money? He had opportunities to manage NUFC in the past which he turned down.

Steve Bruce might have a soft spot for NUFC, but let us be honest. He is here because at this stage in his career, no other club with even half the profile of NUFC in the premier league would touch him with a bargepole. That is the only reason. He probably cannot believe the fact that he is at a PL club. He also knows that even if he fails miserably, as long as he is being discussed in the media (which your club will ensure due to its profile), PFMs are like whac-a-mole, will pop up somewhere.

never seen a bad post from this lad, always on the fucking money :thup:

Yep, always worth reading his views. He gets it a lot more than some actual supporters of the club, that's the mad thing.  :lol:

I have experienced exactly the same thing ten years ago when Rafa was replaced by Hodgson. Media blitz about how Hodgson bough positivity to the club. Players are now able to "express" themselves. Release the shackles. None of this pesky tactics which is restraining the midfielders from showing their true talents. Training ground is now a happier place. Arms around the shoulder approach to management. All from the classic PFM and their desperate media shill playbook.

You can expect similar quotes from Bruce also.

22 September: “They’ll be a formidable challenge” (Before facing Fourth Division Northampton Town)

24 September: "The protest does not help"

17 October: "As good as we have played all season" (After the woeful loss to Everton)

17 October: “To get a result here would have been Utopia” (Also after the defeat to Everton)

21 October: "We will cross that bridge when we come to it" (On rumours of Torres to Manchester United)

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3279

I think his quotes after Everton loss and Torres to Utd rumors finally drove people over the edge.  I see a lot of parallels here. And you are in a worse shape because while we were declining, we still had a number of great players to rely on and as bad as Hodgson was for us, compared to Steve Bruce, he is Arrigo Sacchi.

Durham is talking about him on talksport in a minute. Drink every time you hear the phrase ‘give him a chance’.

So far he's coming up with the usual stuff that Newcastle fans should back the manager - when a caller rang in and asked why should Newcastle fans get behind Steve Bruce, he said because he didn't deserve to get booed at the start of the season. Still haven't heard a single justification based on his qualifications as a manager.

If this cunt keeps going the way he's started, he'll be approaching Pardew levels of hate from me within about, 2 weeks.

Nowhere near that yet for me, if he starts blaming players and coming out with every pathetic excuse under the sun then yeah, he'll be up there.

Mind you, it'll be harder to to do when I've no interest in what happens when we play.

If everyone felt the same as me about him and didn't accept him we would be in a better position. People just accepting any old shit with no standards is why it keeps happening again and again

I bet there are plenty on here who are on the fence about him too. No, he should be nowhere near the club regardless of anything else or what he does

That bloke was good, proper knacker on before him though.

I listened for about 20 mins, but I gave up after some troll came on to agree with the Chelsea fan who said Rafa should have spent some of his own £8m/year wages instead of moaning about Ashley's lack of investment.

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

I am an outsider so feel free to disregard this post.

Couple of points. Why is he is NUFC through and through a criteria to fill the most the important position in a 100 million dollar operation? This point is not just at Newcastle but at other clubs also. It also seems to be a common line to justify PFM appointments at other places.

I get it if the person has a unique connection, best placed to incorporate a style of football due to his past connection with the club like Guardiola or Keegan. Or the person can use his legendary status to make changes which other people cant, like Zidane. But otherwise, does it matter? Especially with someone as shit as a resume as Bruce. I am dreading the time, the calls for Gerrard to take over, start in the media.

If he is definitely NUFC through and through and has the club at heart, why did he manage Sunderland? It is not like he needed the money? He had opportunities to manage NUFC in the past which he turned down.

Steve Bruce might have a soft spot for NUFC, but let us be honest. He is here because at this stage in his career, no other club with even half the profile of NUFC in the premier league would touch him with a bargepole. That is the only reason. He probably cannot believe the fact that he is at a PL club. He also knows that even if he fails miserably, as long as he is being discussed in the media (which your club will ensure due to its profile), PFMs are like whac-a-mole, will pop up somewhere.

never seen a bad post from this lad, always on the fucking money :thup:

Yep, always worth reading his views. He gets it a lot more than some actual supporters of the club, that's the mad thing.  :lol:

I have experienced exactly the same thing ten years ago when Rafa was replaced by Hodgson. Media blitz about how Hodgson bough positivity to the club. Players are now able to "express" themselves. Release the shackles. None of this pesky tactics which is restraining the midfielders from showing their true talents. Training ground is now a happier place. Arms around the shoulder approach to management. All from the classic PFM and their desperate media shill playbook.

You can expect similar quotes from Bruce also.

22 September: “They’ll be a formidable challenge” (Before facing Fourth Division Northampton Town)

24 September: "The protest does not help"

17 October: "As good as we have played all season" (After the woeful loss to Everton)

17 October: “To get a result here would have been Utopia” (Also after the defeat to Everton)

21 October: "We will cross that bridge when we come to it" (On rumours of Torres to Manchester United)

https://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3279

I think his quotes after Everton loss and Torres to Utd rumors finally drove people over the edge.  I see a lot of parallels here. And you are in a worse shape because while we were declining, we still had a number of great players to rely on and as bad as Hodgson was for us, compared to Steve Bruce, he is Arrigo Sacchi.

We've had it for 10 years so theres literally no excuse for it from any Newcastle fan by this stage.

Those quotes though.  :lol: they're actually Pardew-esque (especially bigging up shite opposition, and claiming the team played great when nothing could be further from the truth). I've no doubt we'll hear all of those at some point from Bruce.

I'm actually shocked how quickly he's sided with Ashley and against the fans though. I hate him already.  :lol:

If pardew and Bruce were in a car crash and only one of them survived, I wouldn’t be too bothered if it were pardew dancing out of the passenger seat.

Just saying.

:lol:

If this cunt keeps going the way he's started, he'll be approaching Pardew levels of hate from me within about, 2 weeks.

Nowhere near that yet for me, if he starts blaming players and coming out with every pathetic excuse under the sun then yeah, he'll be up there.

Mind you, it'll be harder to to do when I've no interest in what happens when we play.

He will though.

He's well on the way already in terms of awful quotes, "Mike this, Mike that", "Ha, only 12 fans protesting", "Almiron not scored", he thinks progression is "to stay up and have a go at the cups". I've probably forgotten more. After a while, it'll be hard to distinguish between them.

Although, I don't think I've ever hated any cunt as much as Pardew so who knows.  :lol: