Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Does he not watch the games? Clearly not

Sick of these cunts, who rarely watch us play but are quite happy to criticise the fans who watch us every week. How can his opinion be valid based on simply pointing at the league table?

These jokers man :lol:

"You're right there with Man City, Spurs and Chelsea, you should be thrilled!" :lol:

Their positions are the break from the norm, and they'll hardly be in and around the stink the whole season like we always are.

Meanwhile the likes of Everton, Villa, Southampton, Leeds and Leicester continue to leave us further and further behind. Urgh.

Heaven knows I would never want to stick up for Robbie Savage but you could say that his tweet is genuinely asking NUFC fans to explain why they aren't happy, despite the current league position.

I know I'm probably giving him too much credit and he is likely to be on the wind up to get attention and callers.

I’ve said for a while I’d take Hasenhuttl here. Impressed with the way he’s got Southampton playing. Funny he didn’t moan about having to take ages to get them playing good football after Mark Hughes.

He even got humped 9-0 and stuck with what he was trying to do. Bruce would just think "have to play more defenders in future".

How can anyone watch Ralph Hasenhuttl's side, then watch Steve Bruce's mob, and think he's doing a good manager? There's no reason for Southampton to be that much better than us, other than the manager.

And doing it with a 4-4-2 that works well defensively and offensively. Southampton are run frighteningly well.

The players and managers that have gone through that club in recent history has been something else.

I mean ... this guy is old enough to have seen Newcastle in the Champions League and competing with Man Utd for the title.

He can look at the table and see the likes of Everton, Villa, Southampton, Leicester going from strength to strength and leaving us far behind.

How can he try and pretend we're anything other than a disgrace right now. I just don't get it.

I’ve said for a while I’d take Hasenhuttl here. Impressed with the way he’s got Southampton playing. Funny he didn’t moan about having to take ages to get them playing good football after Mark Hughes.

He even got humped 9-0 and stuck with what he was trying to do. Bruce would just think "have to play more defenders in future".

Yep, whereas Bruce got humped at Norwich, went straight back to Rafa’s formation (refuse to say system, it was the same shell, that’s it). Then tried 4 at the back at Leicester, got humped again, and went straight back to 5-2-3. :lol:

Yep, whereas Bruce got humped at Norwich, went straight back to Rafa’s formation (refuse to say system, it was the same shell, that’s it). Then tried 4 at the back at Leicester, got humped again, and went straight back to 5-2-3. :lol:

Big difference with Rafa's defensive formation was that all the players knew their jobs and we had a way of transitioning the ball out of defence. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't always pretty, but at least it looked functional. Rafa brought in ball playing centre backs to enable it as well, but Bruce has ditched them for no nonsense safety first hoofing instead.

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean. The way we used it wasn’t the same. We had Clark & Fernandez who did okay, but didn’t play out the same way Schar & Lejeune did. Always meant the wing-backs had to start deeper to pick up possession and the wingers the same, often leaving Joelinton with no one within 30+ yards if the ball was pinged long to him.

It’s a cop out initially but assuming your question is sincere unless you’re a Newcastle fan and you can empathise with the last decade plus then you’ll never get it. When you’ve had the lies, contempt and debasing of the legends, names and institutions of nufc week in week out for as long as Ashley’s been here - then had people like Keegan and Benitez tell you it’s okay to dream and actively work against that negativity because as 2020 has shown, in terms of optics anyway, fans are the lifeblood, and then have all that callously suppressed and replaced with the Ashley continuity candidate then your issues are nuanced but fucking legitimate. More so than one year or weeks arbitrary league position or result can ever convey. And when you’re doing just to bait people to call in you can get fucked.

The people who produce, work on and present this tv and media content need to realise how privileged and significant their media gravy train position is. How longs it been since Savage had to pay for a ticket or access? Or Luke Edwards? Or Sherwood? People shouldn’t listen to these phone ins and contribute if the model is such whilst having the piss taken out of them and the story of Newcastle in modern times should be a cautionary fucking tale about modern football covered in as much depth as these big picture aspects. Don’t give a fuck if these people are golf pals or go decades back. It’s not a basis to go about demanding automatic respect - especially when the PL and crucially the club pick fans pockets during crisis. 

Sorry to post this blady fucking cunt of a bloke in here but this really is an unbelievable tweet from a professional journalist for a national newspaper. Outright winding fans up of the club he's supposed to report on.

He's an absolute disgrace.

Wouldn’t expect anything less from a Telegraph employee these days, it’s their raison d'être.

I feel sorry him personally though, between his craven need for acceptance from his friend whom he obsesses over unnaturally, his making up of quotes from his kids, and his need for constant attention he clearly has a lot of mental and personality issues he isn’t dealing with properly. It’s quite sad really and seems to be getting worse. He’s also very bald.

Mate tonight in the groupchat: "don't give a f*** how we get them, as long as we accrue the points"

What the f*** can you say? Complete honesty, he only cares about the results :neutral:

I had a similar group chat last year. I kept explaining why I didn't feel as into NUFC as I did in the past...one lad kept replying with "relax". I left said group chat for the sake of my sanity, certainly not on that I was being constantly dismissed just because I felt broken.

Sounded very distressing I must admit.

Genuine question, do you just come on here to rip the piss out of people?

He comes on to stir