Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

He's becoming a parody of himself.

He always was. The majority of us knew it when he was appointed. The sad thing is there's nothing we can do about it whilst fans aren't allowed in.

I'd suggest no fans return when we are allowed back. Bruce or no Bruce, Ashley's club is going fucking nowhere.

More staggering quotes. Is this what he's saying to the players? I remember around 2015/16 I joined a Sunday League team cos I just fancied playing a bit of football and thought it'd be a good opportunity to improve a bit, just for my own satisfaction. I gave up after a year because we lost every week, the manager was useless and I probably got worse if anything. And it was that sort of guidance. The bloke has been at an elite level for decades and this is the most he's learned? Turn up and pass the ball to each other? Absolutely dismal. He has nothing going for him.

So what are the basics Bruce means and what will he ask his players to do against the Gunners?

Bruce said: "What are they?

"Turn up, have a bit of pride in your performance, pass the ball to each other, take part in the game.

"Forget about tactics or analysts, you need that too, but you have to do the basics as well.

"We certainly didn't do it at Sheff United.

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

To be fair to him he's 100% correct though.... "forget about tactics....."  because you can't think about tactics if you don't "turn up..." 

What a fucking melon this bloke is!  :cheesy:

So what are the basics Bruce means and what will he ask his players to do against the Gunners?

"Turn up, have a bit of pride in your performance, pass the ball to each other, take part in the game.

"Forget about tactics or analysts, you need that too, but you have to do the basics as well.

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

Its Mike Bassett  :lol:

How many other Premier League (or League 1) Managers would say this to the press and get away with it without being ridiculed?

What do highly paid professional footballers, some of whom have a degree of ability (and could even have been influenced by Rafa) think of it? At what point do they all despair and just give up?

Or have they already?

Ye Gods!

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

Its Mike Bassett  :lol:

How many other Premier League (or League 1) Managers would say this to the press and get away with it without being ridiculed?

What do highly paid professional footballers, some of whom have a degree of ability (and could even have been influenced by Rafa) think of it? At what point do they all despair and just give up?

Or have they already?

Ye Gods!

Actually, I think any manager could get away with it. Surely nobody is prepared for any of the answers he gives.

Wouldn't be surprised if he threw in Carroll, Wilson, ASM and Miggy then blame the fans if/when it goes wrong. He says he is going to 'ease' ASM back into the side which means throwing him in at the deep end

Didn’t he do that for Wolves away. Got all pissy pre match about fans not liking Bruceball, then threw a hissy fit and filled the team with attackers - Murphy WB, Almiron, Fraser, ASM, Joe, Wilson - and needless to say that didn’t work as it was obvious nobody knew what they were doing.  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Oohh the gloves are off and he hopes to get people forward on the counter attack. Sounds like the same old shit to me. 0-3

Just how does a manager in 2021, in arguably the best league in the world, get away with this?

How does it even happen that he keeps getting employed?

And we’re told by these idiot pundits that we’re the problem :lol:

Unreal.