Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I don't even think he would be bothered if he got the sack, TBF I think he would like to secure Premiership survival first but he just seems like a dead man walking.

From his POV now would be a decent time to get sacked. His media mates could howl in protest that he kept us up last season, and we are still well clear of relegation spots as it stands. He would probably walk into another championship job right now, if we leave it for another month we could well be in relegation trouble and his stock will fall through the floor.

Look, you better watch out world, Snake Belly Steve is doing it his way now and make no mistake, he’s a very, very good, average manager who doesn’t walk away from challenges and doesn’t let the mass hysteria or criticism get to him at all. He’s not bothered by it, not at all. Lower than a snakes belly, skin like a rhino.

Can imagine he’s got ‘Won’t Back Down’ by Tom Petty playing on loop in his head at 2am while reading everything written about him online.

Rafa didnt have 100 million to spend.. He had 5 million Joselu and 6 million Atsu..

He wasnt given 13 million for a full back

If Benitez was allowed to sign a 13m full back, a 25m wide player, a 40m forward etc and of his own choosing I have no doubt we would be pushing 6th now and would win something in the next 3/4 years

I think these wishlists of managers is unrealistic.

After Rafa left Charnley or our scouts should have been scouring the Continent looking for a European manager

Who did we get? Steve Bruce who was only appointed Sheff Wed manager 6 months previously

Why or how Ashley thought it was a good idea to pay 4 million compensation for a midtable Championship manager is beyond me.

We totally fluked getting Rafa in

Charnley was obsessed with getting McClaren, taking no notice of how both our and Derby's seasons imploded

I would bet it was the same case with Bruce, he was the first and only choice on his list, for whatever inexplicable reason

I think Charnley has been let off the hook too easily. As Shearer has asked where is Charnley?

Bruce says he talks to Charnley a few times a day.. about what?

Once this takeover goes through Charnley should be the 1st out the door

His appointments have been scandalous

Even his statement about making a career by being bang average is wrong, he was a very good defender, probably the best never to play for England.

His excellent manager made him look better. Like Rafa did with ours.

Probably true but if you didn't perform for Fergie you were out, he did that 309 times

Guest reefatoon

Naa, there is no denying he was a great defender. We can’t take that away from him. It doesn’t make you a good manager though, something that he is fucking useless at.

Fucking he’ll just caught up with all this.

Is our manager a mental case, he is so small time pity me man, just pack up and fuck off Bruce and take those 2 whoppers in the dugout with you.

He makes me wanna vomit

As an ex Liverpool player, why is he so determined to back Bruce over a Liverpool legend.

Odd.

I think the modern day pundit needs to justify their position as an 'expert' by going against what supporters feelings are because they wrongly presume that fans are judging their thoughts by emotion rather than their own football knowledge, god forbid a fan speaking more sense than someone that played the game professionally.

One of my pet hates with them is the sentence "what the fans don't understand is". Rednapp, O'hara and the likes of Jason Cundy are not very high up the IQ scale, but they played the game so they must no what they are talking about

I can't see him taking another Job, the manager role at Newcastle has finished off quite a few in the past and I can see him packing it in for good

I was thinking the other day, I can only think of one manager of us or you who has left to go straight into a better job in my lifetime (52 years) other than Graham Taylor, and that was 30 years ago.

Two jobs that basically kill managers.

Bruce will just get on to the English manager merry go round and wash up somewhere else where they're looking for a patsy who'll front up the lack of ambition, and continue to get protected by the cretinous English football media (as evinced by Redknapp above).

I can't see him taking another Job, the manager role at Newcastle has finished off quite a few in the past and I can see him packing it in for good

even the cunt himself is not that stupid. he knows.

"Look, I've worked all my life to have an opportunity like this, especially being from here," Bruce told reporters on Zoom.

"In management, I regard it as the pinnacle. I might not have another one and some would say: 'I hope not'.