Joelinton

Stifler

35 minutes ago, gbandit said:

People need to calm down like, he’s been our best consistent performer since Howe came in, putting in 8/10 performances match after match. I thought he was decent enough against Everton, it was

only yesterday his level really dropped

He had a bad game against Everton mind so it's been the last two games his performances have dropped. Love him and hopefully he turns out around Friday night.

You’d like to think he’s seeing this run in as a way of showing he’s good enough not to be replaced in the starting XI this summer. Just not sure if the balance in the midfield three will be right if we signed someone like Paqueta who’s more a number 10, would we need a more out & out ball winner alongside Bruno? I know Joelinton is great at breaking up play but not sure he’s that type of player.

10 hours ago, Thiago said:

He's also been wrestling with injury on and off. I think he'll need something sorting in the summer but we shouldn't write him off. 

Agreed. I think this is the issue tbh 

19 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Hes done exceptionally well in this new role under Howe, and one of the big reasons we managed to do so well on that unbeaten run, but would people honestly like to see him play in CM long term, like starting for the next 2-3 seasons? 

Yes, if he plays to the level he has been generally under Howe 

1 hour ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Hes done exceptionally well in this new role under Howe, and one of the big reasons we managed to do so well on that unbeaten run, but would people honestly like to see him play in CM long term, like starting for the next 2-3 seasons? 

If we really are aiming to achieve top 6 within 2/3 seasons then starting Joe isn’t the answer, he doesn’t have enough in or around the box and his passing ability/decision making going forward just wouldn’t cut it for a top 6 side. As an out and out winning and carrying the ball workhouse type of midfielder he is great though, would 100% keep him around the squad.

Edited by Nine

Guest HTT II

Like Wood, woeful first half, great second half. He set the goal up, but we have zero attacking intent from midfield and that’s needs to change. 

On 06/04/2022 at 12:10, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

He's so likeable.

My mind says NO but my heart says yes.

He's 25 so can still develop though... so who knows.

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

He's so likeable.

My mind says NO but my heart says yes.

He's 25 so can still develop though... so who knows.

He's the one I visualise as I fall asleep to Doug Stanhope's '60 inches of AIDS'.

For all he's a valuable member of the squad now, when you see him directly in comparison to Bruno, you can see he's not a genuine midfielder, just sometimes a bad touch, or lack of spacial awareness let him down. Of course he has other qualities that Bruno doesn't have, like athleticism and he can press very effectively, but we will have to look to upgrade next season if we want to really control games.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

For all he's a valuable member of the squad now, when you see him directly in comparison to Bruno, you can see he's not a genuine midfielder, just sometimes a bad touch, or lack of spacial awareness let him down. Of course he has other qualities that Bruno doesn't have, like athleticism and he can press very effectively, but we will have to look to upgrade next season if we want to really control games.

Aye, starting to think Fofana could be an upgrade in this position if Howe wants a dynamic midfielder.

My favorite player in the squad. His attitude is infectious. We have to remember hes only been playing this position for a few months. Really interested to see how he looks after a full summer with the staff working with him on this new role.

I think the bigger focus in the near future will be to replace Shelvey. Either find an athletic ball winner and let Bruno play a traditional box to box role, or go after a more dynamic attacking midfielder and have Bruno take on the holding role Shelvey's been playing.

Him and Bruno playing next to each other and developing an understanding will be crucial. We need an AM and another CM, but I genuinely believe Joe and Bruno are going to be top 6 material once they're both settled

Guest HTT II

He’s just too slow on the ball in terms of moving it forwards and give and takes, one twos and moving into space. Shelvey with physicality and mobility basically.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
24 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Article on Official NUFC website about/from Joelinton.

All the usual stuff but nice to hear from him.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/features/i-know-what-i-m-capable-of-joelinton-interview/

He seems such a top bloke and a true pro and I’m chuffed for him because I’ve been very critical of him at times, credit to him and Howe and the coaching staff. I’d love it if he was to get a cap for Brazil, even if it was just a one off. If you’re a Brazilian, it’s the ultimate honour like how a Geordie playing for NUFC is. He deserves that for his hard work and story thus far. Stranger things have happened, look at Dan Burn, let go by his boyhood club for being too small, now look at him! I’m also loving the content the club are pushing out these days, engaging the fans and creating a bond between fans and players.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He seems such a top bloke and a true pro and I’m chuffed for him because I’ve been very critical of him at times, credit to him and Howe and the coaching staff. I’d love it if he was to get a cap for Brazil, even if it was just a one off. If you’re a Brazilian, it’s the ultimate honour like how a Geordie playing for NUFC is. He deserves that for his hard work and story thus far. Stranger things have happened, look at Dan Burn, let go by his boyhood club for being too small, now look at him! I’m also loving the content the club are pushing out these days, engaging the fans and creating a bond between fans and players.

It would be incredible to have Joelinton in the Brazil squad for the World Cup as well as Bruno. Not completely impossible either, especially if he continues his form into next season and with more eyes being on us now.

Not sure what options Brazil have in that #8 role but no doubt they have alot of talent in midfield as always. Will be nice to just be able to have a few Newcastle players at the World Cup to watch.