Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

How do you deduce that losing mass would be the sole reason for solving his fitness? There’s potentially one or multiple contributing factors to why he didn’t make that run. 

Some players need that mass. Remember how shit Bernard became under that French prick (Le Guen?) at Rangers after he put him on a diet? Just a shadow of the player that played for us.

14 hours ago, Geordiebri said:

If he passed to his team mates hed have more assists,hes a greedy bastard who occasionally thrills and should be sold in the summer.

Except the sold in the summer part, I agree with this.

Edited by veriaqa

There would be plenty of buyers for him at £35m. Managers love a maverick wildcard that they hope to tame. 

We shouldn’t sell him in the summer unless he makes it clear he wants to go. He was the only bright point for long periods of time before the takeover and played his part in ensuring we were still a PL team. I don’t like the things he has said publicly but I feel he deserves a chance in an improved side. If we bolster our attack and he still isn’t performing, then we should look at our options. 

He will come good again. 

On 07/05/2022 at 18:40, Kanji said:

How do you deduce that losing mass would be the sole reason for solving his fitness? There’s potentially one or multiple contributing factors to why he didn’t make that run. 

I don't but he does suffer from fitness/stamina issues. He looks a big lad and it's not all muscle like Adama either.

He doesn't have the capacity to do the running (including sprints) some of the top players do.

Yesterday was his best game in some time. He could've passed earlier a couple of times for great chances but should have had one assist at least. Don't blame him too much for the 1st goal.

Edited by The College Dropout

Asking the question from another perspective: would Eddie Howe go and buy ASM based on what we know about him now he’s been gaffer for a while? 
because I think that’s the key here. Not sure he’s a player he would choose based on how he expects a work ethic and tracking back etc. 

1 minute ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Asking the question from another perspective: would Eddie Howe go and buy ASM based on what we know about him now he’s been gaffer for a while? 
because I think that’s the key here. Not sure he’s a player he would choose based on how he expects a work ethic and tracking back etc. 

he absolutely wouldn’t. But at the same time the club has to maximise any fee they can get for him so we would want to try and see if he can back up his words and push on when we have better players. 

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Yesterday proved his point mind (not that he should have said it). He should have been leaving the ground with two assists.

Yes, he did much better and they were great chances. The Wilson one was almost Cityesque interplay.  The one criticism is that ASM snatched at the shot he sent over the bar after cutting inside. He had a lot to aim for and you should be working the keeper from there.

Anyway, the Wood header, the Lascelles header (which was before the offside), the ASM cut inside, the Wilson one-on-one, and the Wilson airshot should add up to more than 1 xG. There is something wrong with the calculation there.

The big question is can he play in a system?  It’s not clicking for him currently. Hopefully his boasting comes true when we invest next season but he looked better when he was working “freestyle” under Bruce. Mind his relegation clause would have been activated about 6 games ago if this was still the case!

I prefer him on the right hand side to the left. Seems to create more pullbacks and crosses over there. 

Really needs to work on his fitness though. His physical shape is unacceptable compared to when he signed. 

23 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Charged by the FA for two breaches of their kit and regulations rule after wearing branded headband in two matches last month.

Yet Richarlison can lob smoke bombs about.

Edited by Sima

On 09/05/2022 at 02:19, Donut said:

His link up play with Wilson is so much better than it is with Wood. He will improve a lot if Wilson starts the remaining games.

That last chance when he appeared at inside right, collected it from Murphy about 25 yards out, drove past one player and squared it to Wilson who should have scored was lush. That's what we need to do. Not give it to him forty yards from our goal with noone in front.

It's Eddie's call, but if he can get him in a setup where he doesn't need to do it all on his own, I could foresee ASM being very useful. The talent is clearly there.

As for ASM himself, he needs to work on his shooting, which isn't good enough.