Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

"...beheaded 37 men in a single day."

:frantic:

That's nothing. Our government were complicit in the deaths of 72 innocent people in a burning tower.

You're forgetting the 800+ per day dying now because they cared more about the economy than locking us down early, and their plans to chase "herd immunity" and only backing off when they realised 250,000 deaths might be too much, not for them, but for the public to accept.

So after getting a free 14 Telegraph subscription back in March to read an article about the takeover (and post it here no less) the fuckers still wont let me cancel my subscription. Just sending me a link to cancel that doesn't allow me to cancel, by April 29th according to their T's and C's im on the hook for six months. Fucking maddening.  :rant:

Just screenshot it and email them saying the link they sent doesn't work and you want to cancel. Should be enough proof.

Wanna join my Zoom chat with my Nan later, teach her how to suck an egg?

This is not a defence, but you can't pick and choose your moral outrages.

Actually you can, and absolutely everybody does. I care more about the morality of the NUFC ownership than I do the Uber ownership. I care more about the wrongdoings of the British state than I do the wrongdoings of the Tajikistan state. Campaigners who dedicate their lives to combating domestic violence care more about domestic violence than they do climate change.

No human can possibly dedicate the same level of investment into each and every moral outrage. Picking and choosing is the only option, and if you reject that then you're arguing no-one should ever express any sort of moral concern about any act, which would be perverse.

My argument isn't righteous indignation against the world, it's the Saudi side of things, you can't say it's close to home so you will be outraged by this but not about UK Government arms sales, usage of petrol, uber, Twitter, lyft, Snapchat, Deezer, the list goes on, all in use over here and I'll bet most of you if not all have used something on that list.

Again, I want to reiterate I'm not defending the Saudis and I'm not saying this is ok, but I'm not about to jump on my moral high horse and vilify NUFC and boycott when I can finally reconnect when I regularly use Twitter, petrol, etc.. and have never been vocal about government involvement. My personal opinion is that I'd be a hypocrite to do so.

:snod:

:lol: So you lads would hate to be hypocrites but are happy to continue to support sportswashing of murderous regimes using your own football club? :lol: nice one. At least you're not hypocrites.

Hows that hypocrisy? No one is advocating supporting the Saudi regime. I'm saying that going to football match is no more supporting the Saudis than say, filling your car full of petrol or any number of other activities.

The post you agree with claims hating on the saudi's but still buying petrol is hypocrisy. I'm shocked you both find NUFC being owned by these people more palatable than being seen as a hypocrite.

I don't think it's hypocrisy either way.

I want to argue with you but I'm completely lost with our conversation.  :lol:

I can see you are passionate about human right and this very topic and that's honorable.

I hope you find some way of enjoying your football whilst sticking with your principles.

Peace and love brother.  O0

:lol: fair enough man, I won't flog a dead horse. Just think if you could have the perfect owner for our wonderful football club, would it be one who owns it so they can get away with killing people they're meant to look after? If you say no, you essentially agree with why we all think this is a bit shit.

Hey look, in an ideal world KK was a trillionaire and we would all be happy but sadly England 2020 is well entrenched in a dance with the devil.

Hopefully the Saudi's use their Western links as a platform for change and reform and not merely as whitewashing of their human rights issues.

I hope you continue your protest against them and I hope someday change can be made.

I meanwhile, wont be unveiling a Saudi flag or wearing a headscarf because I dont think that's appropriate. I will be watching  Newcastle hoping we can win some games (mainly from a pub), with no propping up intended.

"...beheaded 37 men in a single day."

:frantic:

That's nothing. Our government were complicit in the deaths of 72 innocent people in a burning tower.

You're forgetting the 800+ per day dying now because they cared more about the economy than locking us down early, and their plans to chase "herd immunity" and only backing off when they realised 250,000 deaths might be too much, not for them, but for the public to accept.

<3

So after getting a free 14 Telegraph subscription back in March to read an article about the takeover (and post it here no less) the fuckers still wont let me cancel my subscription. Just sending me a link to cancel that doesn't allow me to cancel, by April 29th according to their T's and C's im on the hook for six months. Fucking maddening.  :rant:

This is the only saga I'm interested in. :lol: (sorry)

You literally can't have an owner's and directors test without a sale purchase agreement outlining every single term to acquire the business. the deal has been agreed, its 300m. Assuming the league approves the new ownership group, all that is left is for the money to pass through escrow from buyer to seller and the paperwork officially signed.

What's going on like? I thought the deal was agreed fuck sake

It is. Just Lee Ryder is getting confused with the Martin Samual article.

What has Lee Ryder said, he's blocked me so I cant read anything he tweets (thank god).

TBF he still does have the final say once the deal is ratified by the Premier League (i think thats what Ryder is trying to say)

Thats what i got from the screenshot I just seen.

TBF he still does have the final say once the deal is ratified by the Premier League (i think thats what Ryder is trying to say)

If its like buying a house once papers have been signed by both parties and sent to the lawyers/estate agents then any party that backs out results in a large financial penalty...and when we are talking about a £300 million takeover, then cancelling would cost a fortune...It’s how i read it anyway.

Why are we now discussing the price of second-hand large family hatchbacks?

I mean, sure, but the important question is... Wouldn't that 2013 Nissan Leafs battery be loosing charge capacity by now?

We could talk about spelling instead and discuss why so many people struggle to spell lose / losing correctly

Pfft. Looser. :tino:

Just screenshot it and email them saying the link they sent doesn't work and you want to cancel. Should be enough proof.

:lol: Will she be sucking an egg on screen....?

I've never seen that. Jesus.

I've binned all my shirts to be fair, but I didn't go full kit Man City wanker.

It was right after the sale, I think? An entire article and everything. [emoji38]

There were several pictures, if I recall.

DZ keeping grudges like Edmond Dantes.

:lol: Will she be sucking an egg on screen....?

I'm also interested in this...