Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Haha, had to laugh at the sequence of these 2 posts...

It’s basically like you can see, smell and feel the fresh air of the light at the end of the rancid sewer tunnel still flecked with shit all over the wall and floor, and some self-important bouncer has turned up and put a velvet rope juuuuuuuust in front of the exit because they want to have a real thorough look at your ID despite the fact you’ve not looked younger than 35 for about 10 years.

https://twitter.com/stevewraith/status/1253573360212213760?s=19

:lol:

I like the way Steve Wraith pretends to have known along that Mash Holdings accounts end on the 26th and that could be possible announcement date.

"It is why my prediction has always been the end of April"

Give owwa man.

And now we have Human rights group Fair Square writing to the EPL asking them to disqualify PIF from owning an EPL football club.  Is this nightmare ever going to end.  Just issue a statement confirming the takeover is complete then these attention seekers can crawl back where they came from .

Guest godzilla

And now we have Human rights group Fair Square writing to the EPL asking them to disqualify PIF from owning an EPL football club.  Is this nightmare ever going to end.  Just issue a statement confirming the takeover is complete then these attention seekers can crawl back where they came from .

Yeah that was yesterday already been discussed earlier in this thread

Don’t worry folks... Alan Brazil has defended the takeover this morning in his own amiable style :lol:

How he didn't get corona from Cheltenham is the greatest medical mystery of our time

closely followed by how is he still alive

He sounds like he has a great life early mornings aside.

Don’t worry folks... Alan Brazil has defended the takeover this morning in his own amiable style :lol:

How he didn't get corona from Cheltenham is the greatest medical mystery of our time

I was there on the Tuesday.  Had a quick chat with him with some mates in the bar above the Guinness village.  He actually seemed really sound.  Whereas he always comes across like a massive twat on the radio.  Didn't seem as red in person.  I was quite disappointed :lol:

Anyone can write what they like. When the test is passed, it gets signed off. As if the PL have a moral objection to anyone with loads of money. Even if they did, the test would probably not allow them to say no.

I can't believe that people are stressing about these letters influencing the decision, like.

"Dear Sirs

We write in respect of the Fit and Proper owner and chairman tests which we've been undertaking prior to your proposed takeover of Newcastle United.  While we're delighted to inform you that you have passed the tests, we have unfortunately received a couple of moany letters from entirely unrelated third parties which do not  approve of this deal and as such we regret to inform you that we are not in a position to authorise this takeover.

Thank you for your interest in the Premier League.

Yours sincerely

The Premier League"

I get that there's an argument which says the investors themselves might be spooked at the amount of negative publicity, and maybe there's more concern there - but I cannot imagine that Saudi Arabian investors aren't aware of the level of opprobrium that this was 100% going to attact from some quarters.

Was talking to a mate of mine last night who is a corporate lawyer in London, and he mentioned the PL 'might have a problem' with the clause in the fit and proper owners test which states that a new owner cannot' have power or influence over another Football League club[7]'

Obviously with MBS having seniority over the minor Saudi Prince at Sheff Utd, this could be seen as a potential issue. Particularly after MBS effectively carried out a shakedown of other Saudi royalty in 2017, which saw many of them imprisoned & even tortured and strengthened his grip on power there.

Would the PL want to go there with all the possible diplomatic fall out, I'm not so sure?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/how-saudi-royal-crushed-his-rivals-shakedown-ritz-carlton-n930396

Was talking to a mate of mine last night who is a corporate lawyer in London, and he mentioned the PL 'might have a problem' with the clause in the fit and proper owners test which states that a new owner cannot' have power or influence over another Football League club[7]'

Obviously with MBS having seniority over the minor Saudi Prince at Sheff Utd, this could be seen as a potential issue. Particularly after MBS effectively carried out a shakedown of other Saudi royalty in 2017, which saw many of them imprisoned & even tortured and strengthened his grip on power there.

Would the PL want to go there with all the possible diplomatic fall out, I'm not so sure?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mideast/how-saudi-royal-crushed-his-rivals-shakedown-ritz-carlton-n930396

I'd actually wondered about this tbh.  Came to the conclusion it's not worth worrying about as you'd hope the likes of staveley and the Saudis would have looked into it all thoroughly before even attempting a takeover, much the same as you'd hope they'd have expected all of the scrutiny re: human rights etc.

At the stage now where I'm just ignoring all the bumps in the road until it's announced one way or another.