Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

This is the gormless cunt who resigned from his position at Sheff Wed (who fucking bent over backwards for him) to actively want to sign for and work for Mike Ashley? If he's looking for sympathy then he's looking in the wrong direction. The bloke is as much of a snake as Ashley is. They fucking deserve each other, both utter cunts.

Fucking right :thup:

who is that guy?

Now THIS is a tyre-kicker.

Not a hope he's got £350m. Doesn't even have a Wikipedia page as far as I can tell.

CEO of something called "Clear TV Ltd". Heard of them? Me neither. Not a lot on Google either. Only way he could buy us is through massive borrowing like the Glazers did.

who is that guy?

Now THIS is a tyre-kicker.

Not a hope he's got £350m. Doesn't even have a Wikipedia page as far as I can tell.

CEO of something called "Clear TV Ltd". Heard of them? Me neither. Not a lot on Google either. Only way he could buy us is through massive borrowing like the Glazers did.

Got a good feeling about that first search result.

FbAgGaz.png

This is the gormless c*** who resigned from his position at Sheff Wed (who f***ing bent over backwards for him) to actively want to sign for and work for Mike Ashley? If he's looking for sympathy then he's looking in the wrong direction. The bloke is as much of a snake as Ashley is. They f***ing deserve each other, both utter c***s.

Was going to post something similar along those lines but fuck it, this just perfectly sums up what I was going to say. Especially the way he left Sheff Wed.

Karma's a bitch Brucie lad.

The yank can't be the one winter was on about.

Unless he’s got billions of dollars squirreled away somewhere, he definitely doesn’t struck me as “very wealthy even for an American” or whatever.

And if the moral quandry about the Saudis is not enough this part:

The Wall Street Journal has reported: “The fund has invested billions of dollars in global markets with little of the discipline and institutional controls typical of investment funds of its size”. Due diligence and “know your customer” best practices are routinely sacrificed to personal expediency. Current and former fund officials have said that CEO Yasir Al Rumayyan often ignores the advice of the Public Investment Fund’s investment committees and risk managers.

The notion that Newcastle United’s new owners would use their cash to transform the club into a football powerhouse along the lines of Manchester City is a pipe dream. With the price of oil tumbling to below $20 per barrel, Saudi Arabia is bleeding money, and the twin shocks of oversupply and crashing demand in energy markets mean that this hemorrhaging will continue for some time to come. The stewards of Saudi Arabia’s economy will soon come under strong domestic pressure to devote their shrinking resources to the welfare of their own citizens, rather than to high-priced transfer fees.

Don't buy these opinions. The wealth fund is $340bn at the moment no? They could spend 1% of that on us and we'd be fucking laughing. They're not gonna shit the bed over the current oil price, this is clearly a long term thing and oil ain't going away soon.

And if the moral quandry about the Saudis is not enough this part:

The Wall Street Journal has reported: “The fund has invested billions of dollars in global markets with little of the discipline and institutional controls typical of investment funds of its size”. Due diligence and “know your customer” best practices are routinely sacrificed to personal expediency. Current and former fund officials have said that CEO Yasir Al Rumayyan often ignores the advice of the Public Investment Fund’s investment committees and risk managers.

The notion that Newcastle United’s new owners would use their cash to transform the club into a football powerhouse along the lines of Manchester City is a pipe dream. With the price of oil tumbling to below $20 per barrel, Saudi Arabia is bleeding money, and the twin shocks of oversupply and crashing demand in energy markets mean that this hemorrhaging will continue for some time to come. The stewards of Saudi Arabia’s economy will soon come under strong domestic pressure to devote their shrinking resources to the welfare of their own citizens, rather than to high-priced transfer fees.

Theres literally no substance to any of that though is there? I mean, I get your objection from a moral standpoint, but that article is designed to lay into the Saudi's... there's no substance or evidence to be worried about in that paragraph above, other than to serve the narrative of the piece.

www.independent.co.uk/voices/saudi-arabia-newcastle-united-takeover-bid-mbs-mohammed-bin-salman-a9486791.html%3famp

Another bad article to add to the collection, this time from a Saudi analyst based in Washington DC

People ignored this but they should read it, it's pretty grim

Thought it would be right up your street. No thanks.