Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

Nothing against Hendrick tbh, he just should never have been signed. Can't remember ever thinking he was unprofessional or even lacked effort, the game just went around him due to his lack of ability and mobility. 

Think he'll do reasonably well with QPR and hopefully get a move there. 

28 minutes ago, Andy said:

Nothing against Hendrick tbh, he just should never have been signed. Can't remember ever thinking he was unprofessional or even lacked effort, the game just went around him due to his lack of ability and mobility. 

I think when he signed we all just needed someone else to come in, he’s never been good enough for this level unfortunately.

Maybe he’ll find his place down there as you’ve said, good luck to him in that sense.

On 01/02/2022 at 16:26, neesy111 said:

Farewell sweet prince.

Almost bumped into him earlier as he was off to catch his train out of town. This was the first thing that came to mind. Almost said it to him involuntarily. :lol:

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Almost bumped into him earlier as he was off to catch his train out of town. This was the first thing that came to mind. Almost said it to him involuntarily. :lol:

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ben said:

93 minutes played for QPR, 1 tackle 0.5 of a foul, 27 passes 70% pass rate.

Has there ever been a more innocuous footballer ? 

How can you commit 0.5 of a foul?  Did a teammate contribute the other 0.5? But yes, can't get much more innocuous than that.

On 01/02/2022 at 18:43, Andy said:

I think that's quite generous. I wouldn't say he was lazy, but he didn't seem to want to take responsibility and impose himself on a game.

He may do better in a club and a situation where there's less pressure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

50k a week. Fucking hell.

Fortunately no transfer fee spent when we signed him so overall its not that bad, but he's going to take some shifting on that money. 

Edit : also Ryder saying Howe "has a decision to make", I think he's probably already decided Lee. :lol:

Edited by Joey Linton

It's amazing more footballers don't look to leave on frees mind when you see the way it allows them to pocket signing on fees and higher salaries.

How rarely it happens kinda indicates they're generally pretty risk averse.

Edited by ponsaelius

No chance we get rid of him permanently being on 50k a week, he’ll just be loaned out with us paying the biggest chunk of his wage until his contract expires. Pathetic signing even by Ashley’s standards.

Guest reefatoon
26 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Welcome home, sweet prince.

[emoji38] Was typing these exact words. Beat me.

38 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

It's amazing more footballers don't look to leave on frees mind when you see the way it allows them to pocket signing on fees and higher salaries.

How rarely it happens kinda indicates they're generally pretty risk averse.

Depends whether the new signing on fee and wages will offset the remaining wages and loyalty bonus's.

Given what clubs would be interested in signing him, I suspect not.

Start him tomorrow instead of ASM for me. Never loses the ball trying tricks, taking people on, or shots. Plus even though he’s Irish he is class at doing an English pass to the full back or getting booked for a late tackle or pulling someone back.

Bet they would take him if he was willing to take a Coutinho-style pay cut. Nobody's going to be desperate and rich enough to justify giving him anything near £50k a week. At best we manage to ship him on loan the next two seasons until he can leave on a free.

To be fair to him, he has always seemed like a sound lad. I think he will want a move to keep playing. We are going to have to buyout the contracts for the likes of Gayle and Clark who will be harder to find suitors for.