Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out and while you’re at it take Gayle, Clark and Shortstaff with you. We’ll courier over Dummet, Ritchie, Lascelles, Longstaff, Darlow and Murphy when things settle down.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Isnt he on somewhere around £40k a week? 

Probably the main reason we signed him. Should also help us shift him to some club in the championship, so it's not all bad. 

Bruce chased this lad so much he must have thought he was a lot better than what he is, TBF he's done nothing wrong, I don't think I've seen a player have such an anonymous impact on the pitch as him, but he's done something everyone of us would have, I honestly hope he does well at Boro.

Honestly don't give a fuck where he goes as long as he doesn't return. The fact he couldn't even come close to breaking into the worst CM in the PL speaks volumes about how good he is, he's catshit wrapped up in dogshit. 

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bruce chased this lad so much he must have thought he was a lot better than what he is, TBF he's done nothing wrong, I don't think I've seen a player have such an anonymous impact on the pitch as him, but he's done something everyone of us would have, I honestly hope he does well at Boro.

I still can't remember anything he did apart from score those goals which for a midfielder is somewhat damning. 

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Aye. For me he is the face of the Bruce era, just an absolute nothing player. Nowt wrong with his attitude or owt though and I wish him all the best. 

The way The Ronnie Gill went on when we signed him was embarrassing. As if he was a world class player. 

Edited by Danh1

I worked with a Burnley lad for a few weeks (Ironically out in Saudi) a couple of years back shortly after we signed him, and he told me then Hendrick was dogshit. As ever, the fans of other clubs are generally a good barometer on a player.

That said, I bare Hendrick no ill will and hope he does well at Boro. He's not done anything bad here, seems a decent pro, has kept his head down and caused no trouble, he's just not good enough and never has been.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Made an absolute art form of disappearing in a game it was actually impressive 

You'd see him name on the team sheet but It was like he wasn't even on the pitch.

Up there with Colback in our worst ever CM list. But, by all accounts a decent pro, I wish him the best with his next role. Feels good that we're looking to move on players that aren't good enough rather than be saddled with them for years.

Edited by SiLvOR

Don’t really harbor any ill will towards the guy, seems to have been a pro for us. Just never been up to snuff. Wish him well, Champo’s probably his level.

edit: what Silvor said.

Edited by Tomato Deuce