FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Arsenal (a) - Live on BBC1

:lol:  seriously all these teams for us to pick and we land Arsenal away :lol:

This club just has no luck man.

Tbh I would prefer Bruce get us knocked out against Chorley or someone just to underline how s**** he is.

Nah, I want him to get bummed

Can't bear the thought of Steve Bruce's Newcastle somehow shitting its way to a cup run/triumph so pleased with the draw.

We SHOULD really be in the last four of the League Cup and it’s a one off semi final rather than two legs........imagine Ashley and Bruce ending our trophy drought with no fans there?! It’s actually the most NUFC thing ever!

Chuffed that we got Arsenal. Seeing how proud Bruce always is with how we struggled past lower league opposition in both the FA cup last season and the League Cup this season, getting beat at the first around of asking is a good way to stop his boasting. All his luck has been used up already.

Mind, he's all chips in for the Brentford quarter-final tie now surely.

In terms of league positions on the pyramid I think this is the biggest gap ever in the FA Cup. Most other countries have a regionalised system earlier in their league pyramid so it's harder to compare really. The Coupe de France has a history for match ups like this (and upsets too) so there might be something equivalent.

There's a lot of historic European Cup first round ties that would probably come close - thrashings were regular when it was open draw.

If you're including international football then there is qualifying examples from Oceania and Asia which would be a bigger gap (Australia's 31-0 vs American Samoa)

In terms of league positions on the pyramid I think this is the biggest gap ever in the FA Cup. Most other countries have a regionalised system earlier in their league pyramid so it's harder to compare really. The Coupe de France has a history for match ups like this (and upsets too) so there might be something equivalent.

There's a lot of historic European Cup first round ties that would probably come close - thrashings were regular when it was open draw.

If you're including international football then there is qualifying examples from Oceania and Asia which would be a bigger gap (Australia's 31-0 vs American Samoa)

:thup: