Elliot Anderson

joeyt

12 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Building our attacking strategy around Chris Wood when we’ve just signed a forward for £63m. Get in the bin.

Not even sure how that happened. Maybe I think Maxi will be rested, and that will represent the only attacking change.

I'm looking forward to seeing him develop. We have a managerial set up where hopefully these lads will come through. It's all fun and games throwing cash around, but having a local lad to cheer on is massive. 

(I know we have Sean and Dummy, but y'kna) 

I thought his technique looked really good when he came on against Liverpool. The cross towards the end by Joelinton was drilled in at pace and he was able to kill the ball. Unfortunately he   was crowded out and had to skip around defenders to try to get a shot off.

Also able to use his skill and shield the ball with his body and get a freekick by getting in front of another player. Just like Bruno does when he wins those important free kicks to take pressure away from us. Murphy and Willock don’t have this attribute. Or his technical ability or even near so. Like the look of him so far even if early days.

Edited by Ikon

I wonder if he might get a start soon? Or at least start getting longer from the bench?

Hardly spoilt for choice in the middle and he already looks like a better option to bring on out wide than Murphy. Purely based on the latter’s performances this season.  

I’d say it’s probably time for him to get a start today. Has looked really interesting both against Tranmere, Wolves and Liverpool. The one area where I think Howe holds Willock higher is probably pressing. Willock hasn’t been able to get involved in an attacking sense too much but it seems that he’s integral to our defensive shape and press. I personally think that Anderson could do that as well, he seems energetic and gets around well enough. The one thing lacking is probably in a more tactical sense but that should come with experience and opportunities. 

He's a far better option than Murphy on the wing already. Wish he sorted his feet out the other night to get what would have been the winner. Hope he gets a lot of minutes today, whether from a start or the bench!

He's going to be integral to our team for years to come, can't wait for the journey to properly get started. I'd start him on the left and Fraser on the right with Isak up the middle. If Almiron has to play, stick him in the middle with Bruno and Joelinton playing deep and he can do his headless-chicken pressing in the middle, further up the pitch and crowd out their midfield.

Easing him in is perfect for him. His time will come. Right thing to not expect too much too soon. Gradually is the best thing even though we are eager to see more of him. Best for everyone involved.