Arsenal vs Newcastle United - 18/01/21 @20:00 - Live on SkySports and in VR

I think this will be a narrow Arsenal win. They struggle on front of goal, but we'll sit in and invite pressure.

If Arsenal start a front four of Lacazette, Aubameyang, Smith-Rowe and Saka, as well as Tierney playing at left back then we will get destroyed.

They look very very good when those 5 are on the pitch at the same time. Thomas Partey is also back and adds a lot of energy and dynamism to their midfield.

If all those feature it could be very bad.

This Arsenal team don’t destroy teams, I expect us to lose, but it will be by the odd goal I think.

I think this will be a narrow Arsenal win. They struggle on front of goal, but we'll sit in and invite pressure.

If Arsenal start a front four of Lacazette, Aubameyang, Smith-Rowe and Saka, as well as Tierney playing at left back then we will get destroyed.

They look very very good when those 5 are on the pitch at the same time. Thomas Partey is also back and adds a lot of energy and dynamism to their midfield.

You're being overly kind to Arsenal here. Those names look great but the football they play isn't.

They play the same sort of (anti) football as us most of the time. If a team opens up against them they can look better and more dangerous. If teams sit back like we do they haven't got a clue what to do.

I was gonna sack this game off like I have the last few but the more I read in the buildup the more I think it might be quite a funny watch tbh.

This is where I'm at as well. Brucie's Way.

I was gonna sack this game off like I have the last few but the more I read in the buildup the more I think it might be quite a funny watch tbh.

Most excited I have been in a long time tbh - been a great build up - Bruce under severe pressure - win win situation this - just want it to unravel for Bruce - sadly Arsenal are shocking at the moment so he could sneak a 2-0 loss the twat

Can see the excitement for this one is tangible.

Would definitely take a heavy loss here, I just don't think Arsenal are capable of dealing one out.

This. Arsenal have been terrible. Perfect opportunity to turn their season around tonight though.

Not sure about that, they’ve won four out of the last five. Beating Chelsea was arguably a turning point already.

Arteta has done well against the top 6 sides generally (Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea). It's games against sides like Newcastle and Brighton where they fall short. They have far from turned the corner yet.

I mean, I sort of agree, but you could maybe have chosen better illustrations because of course Newcastle and Brighton are two of the teams they just beat :lol:.

Can't wait to hear the thoughts of Carragher and Neville about their mate before and after the game tonight. They'll spend the first 30 mins chatting about the game yesterday then gloss over how bad things are at Bruce's club. Probably a few sly digs at Benitez and how the gap is still fairly large and he just need a bit of luck or something.

Can't wait to hear the thoughts of Carragher and Neville about their mate before and after the game tonight. They'll spend the first 30 mins chatting about the game yesterday then gloss over how bad things are at Bruce's club. Probably a few sly digs at Benitez and how the gap is still fairly large and he just need a bit of luck or something.

Carra loves Rafa.

Bruce will hardly get a mention.

Carra loves Rafa.

I thought they fell out? Or certainly weren't close?  ???

:lol: The thought of them talking about this game specifically/us, man.

There'll be half an hour analysis of the weekend - the majority of which will be Liverpool vs Man Utd - maybe 15 minutes on Arsenal generally under Arteta (looking good, tailing off, coming back into some form), 10 minutes on what Arsenal need to do tonight and five minutes about how we approach the game leading up to kick off.

Would like to see them tactically pick apart and highlight our failings. Remember they did a few years ago with Pardew, highlighting how everyone just walked from a kick off - think it was against Southampton.

Be good for them to show everyone that actually what we're doing is both awful, and isn't working. Unlike Burnley who can be awful, but actually have a plan etc.

How deep we play, failure to transition, players being lazy/walking/hiding in games, lack of any #10 presence in our side, inability to protect and defend #10 space, zero movement from forward players being so far apart from each other, Wilson isolated and swarmed by defenders with closest support 50yards away slowly jogging up. Show how Darlow has saved so many points. Throw up some of the awful stats Bruce is bottom of league in....

Won't bother talking about us though  :sad:

Probably just talk about Arsenal, and what Arteta is up too, then review the weekend MU LIV game, John Stones/City etc.

This Arsenal team don’t destroy teams, I expect us to lose, but it will be by the odd goal I think.

You're being overly kind to Arsenal here. Those names look great but the football they play isn't.

They play the same sort of (anti) football as us most of the time. If a team opens up against them they can look better and more dangerous. If teams sit back like we do they haven't got a clue what to do.

They've only just started playing all those together and it has improved them a lot when they feature.

See the West Brom game as an example where they dismantled a manager akin to ours.

I'll be gutted if we win

I won’t. It’s all about staying in the division. If there is a takeover the managerial situation will take care of itself in due course. We need points on the board so that there could be something special starting next season.

If the takeover doesn’t happen then who gives a fuck who manages the club anyway

Can see the excitement for this one is tangible.

Would definitely take a heavy loss here, I just don't think Arsenal are capable of dealing one out.

This. Arsenal have been terrible. Perfect opportunity to turn their season around tonight though.

Not sure about that, they’ve won four out of the last five. Beating Chelsea was arguably a turning point already.

Arteta has done well against the top 6 sides generally (Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea). It's games against sides like Newcastle and Brighton where they fall short. They have far from turned the corner yet.

I mean, I sort of agree, but you could maybe have chosen better illustrations because of course Newcastle and Brighton are two of the teams they just beat :lol:.

You're quite right, I thought they drew 0-0 with Brighton as they did us (over 90) and they looked dreadful.

Point still stands I reckon though, they certainly seem to struggle to break weaker teams down, more so than when Emery was in charge.