Joe Willock

thats a great video, hope he keeps it up..

there was an instance in the 2nd half where he lost the ball and he burst his bollocks running back trying to win the ball back

joelinton did something similar few moments later and just strolled back to try win it back

A midfielder who is different to all the other midfielders we have. How refreshing is that.

You mean he can run? Yeah that should be a useful attribute. But yeah he was good today. If we could sign him permanently that would be good for us.

Guest reefatoon

Was there talk of it being an 18 month loan? If so, the takeover might be complete by the end of it and we will be able to afford him.

Shame we didn’t have an option to buy in there, feel like he’s going to cost 15m+ if he has a decent stint with us.

If there's no option to buy they won't be selling him if he has a decent stint with us.

I'm not worried about the long term personally.

We just badly needed someone who can run in midfield and maybe get forward more than the other useless tossers and he's proved just that in 1 game. If he can help keep us up then it's been worth it.

It's all about survival and praying we get taken over. Everything else is irrelevant.

If we don't, will it really make any difference if we have this lad or not long term if Bruce stays on?

I'd suggest hes worth more than 20m for starters.

Hes got so much going for him. Physically perfect for football, decent all around ability on the ball and even had the intelligence to make late runs into the box.

We wont have the foresight to spend big on a player like Joe Willock, like we did for Joe Pillock.

He didn't strike me as a very good footballer necessarily. However, unlike Hendrick, Shelvey and the Longstaffs he doesn't end up chasing shadows for 90 minutes and is able to impact the game at both ends of the pitch by simply being in the right positions at the right time.

When the takeover goes through he should be first on the list of signings based on today and what I have seen of him.  He is exactly what we have been missing from midfield. (Aside from ignoring the level of ability and consistency of the rest of the midfield).  Time will tell I suppose he is young but we lack goals from midfield and he will turn into a player who scores 10-20 goals a season.

This sounds very reactionary but I just think he is great.