Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm in a similar camp to Ketsbaia, probably a 4 at the moment.

We're circa 3/1 to go down, Fulham circa 1/4, so it's obviously more likely we stay up, given the current cushion. However, we only have 3 matches in Feb, including Man Utd and Chelsea away, they have 4 (inc their game in hand). Ketsbaia mentioned Everton, but that's their toughest match on paper, as their other 3 are Burnley, Sheff U, and Palace - if that 10 point gap is less than 6 by the end of Feb, and given we still have to go Craven Cottage, then I'll be a lot less confident, but a big few weeks ahead (primarily of hoping that a rival does badly...).

Fulham have to play Chelsea and Man Utd away also. 10 points is a massive amount of points to make up especially for a team that has won only 2 league games all season.

We're circa 3/1 to go down, Fulham circa 1/4, so it's obviously more likely we stay up, given the current cushion. However, we only have 3 matches in Feb, including Man Utd and Chelsea away, they have 4 (inc their game in hand). Ketsbaia mentioned Everton, but that's their toughest match on paper, as their other 3 are Burnley, Sheff U, and Palace - if that 10 point gap is less than 6 by the end of Feb, and given we still have to go Craven Cottage, then I'll be a lot less confident, but a big few weeks ahead (primarily of hoping that a rival does badly...).

Fulham have to play Chelsea and Man Utd away also. 10 points is a massive amount of points to make up especially for a team that has won only 2 league games all season.

Yeah, and we still have to play Man City, Liverpool, and others before the end of the season, I'm talking about the next 3 weeks, so very much short term. Their (upcoming) fixtures are definitely more favourable, and the type that can, and will, define a season - if the gap still circa 10 points at that stage, great, if it's 4 or 5, not so much. Possibly a last chance saloon for them as Bergen mentioned.

Yeah, and we still have to play Man City, Liverpool, and others before the end of the season, I'm talking about the next 3 weeks, so very much short term. Their (upcoming) fixtures are definitely more favourable, and the type that can, and will, define a season - if the gap still circa 10 points at that stage, great, if it's 4 or 5, not so much. Possibly a last chance saloon for them as Bergen mentioned.

So have Fulham got to play City and Liverpool tin consecutive weeks coming up soon. They have only won two games this season.

So have Fulham got to play City and Liverpool tin consecutive weeks coming up soon. They have only won two games this season.

Let's assess where we are in 3 weeks, it's not long to wait. The picture will look a lot clearer then, either way...

Slipped down into 17th where we belong. We are only going to stay up this season because there is such a big gap between the bottom three and us. All the other teams who were around us or below have dragged us back and overhauled us. Bruce has certainly stamped his loser psyche on this team.

The best scenario is for us to finish 17th scraping survival by a point. Anything better and Bruce stays anything worse and the potential takeover (or new buyers) might be put off.

Mind, for my sanity, I'd rather we got the points in the bag early and then go on another terrible run.

We were able to score 3 goals against Southampton without Wilson scoring one. Wilson isn’t out for that long either.

What Burnley and Brighton do is irrelevant if we get another 12 points or so.

For what it’s worth we have Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Fulham, WBA, and Sheffield United all to play, as well as potential more shocking results against other teams.

We were able to score 3 goals against Southampton without Wilson scoring one. Wilson isn’t out for that long either.

For what it’s worth we have Wolves, Brighton, Burnley, Fulham, WBA, and Sheffield United all to play, as well as potential more shocking results against other teams.

You know full well football doesn't work like that, we're a different side with Wilson and more attacking intent.

The same intent with Carroll or Joel up front it would very different, and so would our goals for.

Three wins from those games should be enough luckily.

I must say I do find all the panicking and flapping amusing and strange. Yeah I get we don’t want to see us relegated again but I find it hard to care much as any club appointing Steve Bruce is asking for and deserves relegation.

Also we scrape 17th and stay up then what? Ashley will be chuffed and gets his windfall and we rinse and repeat next season.

The only thing we need is a new decent owner/owners. If this supposed ongoing takeover was actually that close and dependant on us being in the PL then I’m certain we would have seen Ashley take steps to make sure that’s the case. The fact we have stuck with Bruce and made no significant signings says to me this is the same situation as previous seasons.

I must say I do find all the panicking and flapping amusing and strange. Yeah I get we don’t want to see us relegated again but I find it hard to care as any club appointing Steve Bruce is asking for and deserves relegation.

Also we scrape 17th and stay up then what? Ashley will be chuffed and gets his windfall and we rinse and repeat next season.

The main reason is because of the potential takeover, it's not rocket science. I wont give a fuck what happens if the takeover doesn't go through. I will feel hurt, but fuck it, im out then. I've had enough under Ashley. Takeover is my last tiny bit of hope.

I get that and I would have agreed. However as I said above if it was that close and dependant on us having PL status then I don’t believe even Ashley would be stupid enough to risk relegation like we are doing.

The fact we are taking the same gambles as previous relegation seasons suggests to me nothing is different. 

Also if I’m PIF/Reubens/Staveley and I think I could be owning NUFC next season but it’s looking like heading to the championship costing me millions and potentially setting the club back years then I would be on to Ashley saying get rid of Bruce and make sure this club stays up or the deal is off. The complete lack of any action has me very sceptical.

All Fulham need to do is to gain another 4 points on us. If they do that they will beat us on the last day of the season, it's the Newcastle way. Can easily see them being only 3 points behind us after the next 3 games or so. Can't see them not getting at least a win and a draw against Burnley, Sheffield, Palace.