Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If the above were to happen;  there's a sadistic football spiritual power who likes to fuck with us far too much; but I'll take it if it meant we stayed up.

Mackems are going to win. No way Martinez can make that team win over a determined and pumped up mackems and their fans. No way I'm watching any of it with all the bedsheets and banner being unfurled. Going to turn my mobile off and everything else until Thursday noon. I'm off that day so will get wasted the whole night. If there's a surprise the next day, I'll take it.

I'm looking for the positives. 

Ashley unhappy and losing money, Carr and Charnley out of a job. 

I'm liking this....a 'Night of the Long Knives' at SJP. Then Rafa could go full on 'von Stauffenberg' and the coup is complete.

Yes, I did just compare Ashley to Hitler.

Guest chopey

God no, he's worse than Hitler.

I can't remember Hitler rebranding his empire with a awful logo that was plastered everywhere with a spare space ..........................oh wait.

It isn't actually over, there's obviously a chance the circumstances could come together but it's pretty unlikely. I'm not even going to think about it for now. I think the mackems will beat Everton now. If they don't, and especially if they lose, it's back on. I won't tease myself til if and when that happens.

I'm amazed anybody is still clinging to any hope that this can be salvaged. It's over man, just get your heads round next season's promotion push. Leave this thread to die along with Hitler and Joe Kinnear.

After getting all of the depression out of the way this weekend, I thought this thread needed a spark of foolish optimism.

This:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2ywg787.png

is certainly not beyond the realms of possibility, and would see us survive.

TBH I'd rather see Norwich win their remaining two games, and both us and Sunderland lose. At least that way the SMB wouldn't have bragging rights beyond goal difference.

Can't decide if I'd prefer a Sunderland draw or loss on Weds.

A loss obvioulsy makes it 'more likely' that we stay up as either a draw or loss for them on Sunday and we stay up*

A draw only gives us one outcome on Sunday that keeps us up* but gives Sam an excuse to play for a draw, which could increase the liklihood of a Watford win - ala us in the 92 play offs

* Assumption that we beat Spurs of course

Can't decide if I'd prefer a Sunderland draw or loss on Weds.

A loss obvioulsy makes it 'more likely' that we stay up as either a draw or loss for them on Sunday and we stay up*

A draw only gives us one outcome on Sunday that keeps us up* but gives Sam an excuse to play for a draw, which could increase the liklihood of a Watford win - ala us in the 92 play offs

* Assumption that we beat Spurs of course

Pretty easy

Loss and multiple injuries and a mass brawl

It's over, I'm sorry but it is.

We need Sunderland to get a maximum of 1 point from two matches against two teams who are massively struggling at the moment. I'd feel more confident if the mackems were playing someone like a Tony Pulis team who would shut up shop and force them into the worst 0-0 ever.

We also need to beat Tottenham, who even with their issues are a class above us.

Not discounting Norwich, who could easily get the points they need to overhaul us.

It would take a miracle for us to survive and miracles don't happen for NUFC supporters.

I've already looked into hotels and travel to Championship games next year and started to arrange my holidays around the Championship schedule, so they cant stay up now like or it'll totally inconvenience me.

How can you plan holidays around a Championship schedule when you don't know what nights we're away, etc?

Start of the season, Championship starts earlier than Premier League.

Was going to go away and come back the night before Premier League starts, but had to move it a week earlier now.