Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

To think if the Linesman in the City game had ruled out one of the most blatant off side goals I have ever seen we'd still be in with a shout.

If we weren't shit at football we'd have a decent chance as well.

I kinda hope Sunderland win on Wednesday. Just get it over with, it'll be less painful than if we're somehow out of the relegation zone mid-game next week before we inevitably collapse/the mackems pull another win out of thin air.

Just looked at the table and actually, provided mackems lose both games or even lose 1 draw 1, Norwich have a better chance of staying up than us. All they need to do is win both their games and hope mackems get 1 of those scenarios. Of course we could stay up but not even entertaining that idea. Imagine them being overjoyed at our demise only to join us by 5.45pm next Sunday.

I kinda hope Sunderland win on Wednesday. Just get it over with, it'll be less painful than if we're somehow out of the relegation zone mid-game next week before we inevitably collapse/the mackems pull another win out of thin air.

This. We're down,the inevitable can only be delayed. Not a hope in hell I'm watching the mackem match on Wednesday.

The mackems are so fragile that if Everton beat them on Wednesday then the final day could be interesting.

That said, we all know it wont happen. I'm so deflated it is unreal.

Could agree with this. Seems that everytime they are expected to win, they cock up. Against West Brom home and Stoke away are two examples. They seem up for it when under pressure but can't get it done when expected. But in reality, think they will get the job done on Wednesday. It'll be an unwatchable night. Will go to bed by 7.30pm.

f*** it, at least Ashley, Charnley, Carr and the rest have been bitten in the arse. Had we stayed up by a single point we'd have just suffered the same s*** till eventually going down. This pushes the end game closer for all concerned.

looking at it objectively i find it fucking hilarious that after spending 3 years or so stripping the squad to the bare bones to make the balance sheet good a little protest forced them to spend £80m on players to support a shit manager that literally no-one else would have chosen, they then left it so late to replace him with the proper manager we've all known the club needed since the day pardew turned up that's it's not only cost them the £80m on players but also a piece of the biggest TV deal in domestic football history :lol:

absolute wankers

To think if the Linesman in the City game had ruled out one of the most blatant off side goals I have ever seen we'd still be in with a shout.

If we weren't shit at football we'd have a decent chance as well.

This. The "if only this one obscure decision had gone our way" excuse-making is crap. We shouldn't have ever been a position where we're relying on these one-off decisions to totally determine our fate.

Such are the margins.  I think in a title run bad calls can be decisive. 

But relegation? There's umpteen scenarios we could've done better.  Last minute losses to Everton and Norwich.  SDJ sitter at home to Villa. Capitulating at home against Chelsea when leading 2-0. 

Even in games we've won. We stole it against Bournemouth and Spurs.

Right side of a wrong offside call against Liverpool too. 

Funnily enough had we had less luck with SMC in a few of those underserved wins he would've been out earlier.  But again it was clear after Chelsea away to absolutely everyone that he needed shifting.  That's taken us down. 

Even if Everton were playing well I'd fancy the mackems to beat them.  The fact they're playing shite makes it an even more obvious Sunderland win.  The hope is that Everton players are somewhat embarrassed by this run they're on (2 wins in 11) and they actually try to get something

Even if Everton were playing well I'd fancy the mackems to beat them.  The fact they're playing shite makes it an even more obvious Sunderland win.  The hope is that Everton players are somewhat embarrassed by this run they're on (2 wins in 11) and they actually try to get something

Everton look like a team who aren't playing for their manager, they just look done.

Watford will be the trickier game for the mackems because they are shit away from home and Watford are a reasonable footballing side who will want to do well in what could be their manager's final game. Could easily see that being a draw, or Watford win.

Everton will roll over and die on Wednesday, I fully expect the mackems to beat them. IF and it is an absolutely huge IF Everton win the game, there will be a slight bit of hope remaining.

About time American sports got their own child board, sick of seeing so many tbh.

"Other Sports" would be good for the forum.

Aye I reckon so. NFL, NBA, baseball, darts, golf, MMA etc. There'd be plenty to fuel it.

Sunderland losing to Everton and drawing at Watford is actually fairly conceivable but I think it's best we just stop thinking about it. It's over.

They've only lost 1 in their last 9 (and even that was against Leicester). 

I'd agree with you if it was any other time in the season, but not now

Not really sure why it's a problem to leave other sports where they are. If you don't like American football, baseball, or basketball then just don't go in. Just like I do with the fucking stupid Marvel comics and movies thread.

About time American sports got their own child board, sick of seeing so many tbh.

Aye I reckon so. NFL, NBA, baseball, darts, golf, MMA etc. There'd be plenty to fuel it.

Yup...and boxing :D

Put football in there as well, then lock it and delete it.

Yup...and boxing :D

Put football in there as well, then lock it and delete it.

:lol: