PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

34 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This will surely hit Spurs since they took out £600m in loans to build the stadium?

It won't be backdated man. It'll only start from whenever we look to do it.

PIF loans us £400m interest free for stadium, training and other infra projects. We pay if back over 100 years. WTF they gonna do about it?

Edited by Dokko

Looks as if the cartel have written a new set of rules to directly and specifically prevent the challenge that we pose. How fucking rattled are they? [emoji38]

Still maintain that we need to sign the deals asap and argue about it later in a court of law. Fuck it, they're not even pretending to be fair any longer. How can they say that the owners of a club can only invest a certain amount in their club? On what fucking planet does that happen man? "No, no, stop!! Stop investing all of that money into your club that you've bought, that's not allowed, you might become better than us!!" It's as transparent as it is fucking pathetic. They're scared shitless the petty, little fucking wankers.

9 minutes ago, midds said:

Looks as if the cartel have written a new set of rules to directly and specifically prevent the challenge that we pose. How fucking rattled are they? [emoji38]

Still maintain that we need to sign the deals asap and argue about it later in a court of law. Fuck it, they're not even pretending to be fair any longer. How can they say that the owners of a club can only invest a certain amount in their club? On what fucking planet does that happen man? "No, no, stop!! Stop investing all of that money into your club that you've bought, that's not allowed, you might become better than us!!" It's as transparent as it is fucking pathetic. They're scared shitless the petty, little fucking wankers.

Spot on this. Just go for it and tell the cunts we'll see them in court!

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

PIF loans us £400m interest free for stadium, training and other infra projects. We pay if back over 100 years. WTF they gonna do about it?

Not an expert, buy I don’t think funding matters a great deal. It’s still a 400m asset for which the depreciation would go through the P&L as a cost and hence count towards this new form of FFP. Not that it matters much. Our 90’s stadium extension probably does the same, as do past, current and future infrastructure costs of all other clubs.

23 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Spot on this. Just go for it and tell the cunts we'll see them in court!

Honestly man, I've tried (and succeeded) to actively not make a big thing about the wealth of the Saudi's. I've not bragged in any way shape or form about it because I'm still not totally comfortable with it. I'll not defend them when they're challenged, I hate the shit that goes on over there and I'll never agree with it, it's vile tbph. I'll not flash £50 notes at opposition supporters, dress up as them or any of that ridiculous shit, I can understand and agree with their critics. 

Then the rules get redrawn to blatantly try and prevent any challenge to the megaclubs. Deliberately trying to pull up the ladder to stop us/them and I find it almost impossible not to say - fuck it, spend the fucking lot. It's so obvious that I want to rub their collective faces in the pigshit. They're the richest cunts on the planet and they could blow them all out of the water if they were allowed. But they're not. Because they're challenging the elite and the systems introduced to protect them. 

And everyone knows we can't have that, can we? 

Its so ridiculous when it boils down to just not wanting to let one other club in that group, 7 instead of 6 in the PL, at worst a potentially tricky game for Real Madrid in the CL in the future, and we cant have that?!

They were okay with Spurs latching on to the big5 and considering themselves in the Euro elite so what's another team.

9 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Infrastructure costs now counting towards “FFP” seems like a kick in the teeth

I'm not sure that is correct, infrastructure, community, youth & women's football spending still seem to be excluded from the FFP calculation by Annex J.4 of the new regulations. But I've only briefly looked at it and a lot of it goes over my head, so  might be completely wrong.

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0274-14dc03ef33b9-3e2caa872860-1000/20220408_club_licensing_and_financial_sustainability_regulations_2022-en.pdf

I'm in Saudi Arabia at the moment, have been for the last 9 days. Jeddah, more precisely. And it's interesting speaking to locals here at work they all seem far more interested in Newcastle now compared to my last trip in January 2020.

I had a new group of trainees today and I told them I'm from Newcastle and immediately they all wanted to talk about football and about the takeover. They're very keen to see how far we can progress, none of them seem to expect overnight miracles but I definitely got the perception that whatever their historical allegiances regarding Man U or Liverpool, all of them have half an eye on us now as a "second team" at the very least.

It's definitely something that everyone here is aware of, it seems to have been well publicised, which I think bodes well for what we can expect in the medium to long term because PIF will want this to succeed.