Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 15/01/2022 at 21:05, Beth said:

Had reservations when we signed him but kept quiet about them, but nailing my colours to the mast now. He's shite and we'll do fuck all bar go down with him in charge. Feel free to bookmark this.

Bahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahhahahhaaha

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What’s Vieira doing on the list? Surely Potter is miles ahead. 

Potter went through a brutal run with Brighton which might have taken the shine off of him a bit.

8 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Bahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahhahahhaaha

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

OK marra

Biggest outlay for a club with one of, if not the lowest, net spends in the league over whatever time period you choose over the Ashley era. Including newly promoted Championship teams.

In fact, compare our spending last summer to those we were battling relegation with. That's a fun one.

I’m all in for Howe winning this, but…why? Football has its own inbuilt reward system. It’s called trophies. Stuff like this is just superfluous. Let some other twat win it and let’s just go for some cups next year.

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I’m all in for Howe winning this, but…why? Football has its own inbuilt reward system. It’s called trophies. Stuff like this is just superfluous. Let some other twat win it and let’s just go for some cups next year.

Well not quite. You could make Pep the manager of Burnley and he wouldn’t win any trophies. He could still have done the best managerial job overall. 

The obsession with results in football is a bit weird anyway, we should at least try to recognise people who have done a great job. 

Not specific to Howe, I mean in general. 

14 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Or let Eddie deservedly win it, and go for some cups next year.

47 minutes ago, Beth said:

Bore off, spending money doesn't equal success.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

:mung:

He kept us up, a feat no other manager had done previously with any other team from the position we were in. With two games to spare an all.

Damn right he should be nominated, whatever was spent in January was irrelevant, it's not as we were the only ones allowed to spend ffs.

Edited by Bimpy474

He took on a club rock bottom, not just in the league, but in every aspect of the club due to way Ashley and Bruce ran it. It's an absolute insane achievement. Unless Liverpool win multiple trophies it should be his.