Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I’m all in for Howe winning this, but…why? Football has its own inbuilt reward system. It’s called trophies. Stuff like this is just superfluous. Let some other twat win it and let’s just go for some cups next year.

Well not quite. You could make Pep the manager of Burnley and he wouldn’t win any trophies. He could still have done the best managerial job overall. 

The obsession with results in football is a bit weird anyway, we should at least try to recognise people who have done a great job. 

Not specific to Howe, I mean in general. 

14 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I’m all in for Howe winning this, but…why? Football has its own inbuilt reward system. It’s called trophies. Stuff like this is just superfluous. Let some other twat win it and let’s just go for some cups next year.

Or let Eddie deservedly win it, and go for some cups next year.

47 minutes ago, Beth said:

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

Bore off, spending money doesn't equal success.

I hate that these things are fans picked. I didn’t realise the Almiron Goal of the Month one was. Should be a panel. 

1 hour ago, Beth said:

Yep I was wrong, but lets get real here in reply to all the other posts as well. He's done well, but he also had the biggest transfer outlay in January. Top 5 of the PL managers this season, yes. Manager of the season, no chance.

:mung:

He kept us up, a feat no other manager had done previously with any other team from the position we were in. With two games to spare an all.

Damn right he should be nominated, whatever was spent in January was irrelevant, it's not as we were the only ones allowed to spend ffs.

Edited by Bimpy474

He took on a club rock bottom, not just in the league, but in every aspect of the club due to way Ashley and Bruce ran it. It's an absolute insane achievement. Unless Liverpool win multiple trophies it should be his.

13 hours ago, Beth said:

What an incredibly weird post for a supposed "Newcastle" supporter.

13 hours ago, Beth said:

If this award is made by a fans vote, then it's meaningless, so it's not something I feel too strongly about. The LMA award is the one that counts, and depending when that vote takes place, I think he's in with a shout.

Of the five players that were brought in, one isn't very good, one got injured early on, one needed a bit of easing in and the performances had already started improving before he made an impact, and the other two were squad players at other Premiership clubs. Big Dan Burn made a significant improvement to the defence, and we might not have stayed up without him IMO, but Eddie has over-achieved on what was available to him. We were as bad as Watford and Norwich, and needed to improve to get past Burnley and Leeds, but Eddie took us beyond that.

The other factor is the pressure that he was under, taking on a big club in a desperate situation, with low morale amongst the squad and the supporters. He's shown guts as well as intelligence.

Sorry to pontificate, but I'm genuinely moved by the warmth and high regard in which our man is spoken of by his players. I'm just a little bit proud of my club now.

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hate that these things are fans picked. I didn’t realise the Almiron Goal of the Month one was. Should be a panel. 

It’s decided by a panel, the public vote counts for 10% (nowt)

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

It’s decided by a panel, the public vote counts for 10% (nowt)

That’s good.

20 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

Canny certain Beth's a mackem on the wind up like, probably a bloke called Keith.

If Beth's actually female I'm thinking she must resemble coach Beiste from Glee.