Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

As grim as it is I would get dummett in and play a flat back four, we are getting murdered at left back atm

Tifo did a Who should Newcastle sign in January? video. Guess who they left in. :lol:

I like Ritchie because I know he's always putting the graft in, have a real soft spot for him from past performances, and just generally like him (knowing he called Bruce a coward helps) but my God he shouldn't be playing left back.

Snippet from this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10154213/Aston-Villa-make-informal-contact-Paulo-Fonseca-pressure-mounting-Dean-Smith.html

The 48-year-old was in talks with Spurs in the summer and spoke to Newcastle about their vacancy. But the Magpies’ new owners are looking instead at Villarreal’s Unai Emery and Belgium boss Roberto Martinez. 

They want to appoint a new boss before the trip to Brighton on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I think he’s a decent bloke but he’s a painfully average winger and an even worse full back. His legs are probably going too so it’s all compounded 

I get the sense he's still starting because Jones doesn't want to upset the apple cart and piss off the big characters. Clark and Shelvey fall into that bracket too

25 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Snippet from this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10154213/Aston-Villa-make-informal-contact-Paulo-Fonseca-pressure-mounting-Dean-Smith.html

The 48-year-old was in talks with Spurs in the summer and spoke to Newcastle about their vacancy. But the Magpies’ new owners are looking instead at Villarreal’s Unai Emery and Belgium boss Roberto Martinez. 

They want to appoint a new boss before the trip to Brighton on Saturday.

Martinez name haunts me at the minute.

52 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

As grim as it is I would get dummett in and play a flat back four, we are getting murdered at left back atm

Help if the bloke could do more than 20 games a season. It's a joke how often he misses half a year

2 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Emery Has to be number one from all the other candidates. I like how Fonseca hated defending and he is all out attacking very Keeganesque too riskey for our current predicament. 

Just something about Emery that I don't like - Ten Hag for me just ticks all the right boxes.  It doesn't sound like Ten Hag is interested - if the press are to be believed. 

If it's someone in a job I expect they have been sounded out somehow (illegally? Lol) then we will see a formal approach happen later this week.

We must have informally interviewed them though. I can't see a scenario we have interviewed all the other people we apparently have but have now decided to move for someone we haven't even spoken to (unofficially). 

Fingers crossed we know soon!

Would this decision have been more decisive if a DOF had been identified first ? I can't help thinking the reason it's taking so long is because we are hiring a package deal with both DOF and Manager positions filled at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

Would this decision have been more decisive if a DOF had been identified first ? I can't help thinking the reason it's taking so long is because we are hiring a package deal with both DOF and Manager positions filled at the same time.

Not to mention CEO etc. There are numerous important positions to be filled club wide. 

5 hours ago, Manxst said:

Nah, I’m sure we’d have asked, but it’s clear he’s a ‘winner’ and not a ‘builder’ which is what we need right now. He’d have turned us down for sure. He’s a man who wants trophies and move, not build an empire. 

He's a user not an achiever.  He picks the club that can best achieve awards for him rather than the club he can achieve awards for.  Not what we need, I'd take Benitez over him without question. 

1 hour ago, New Beginnings said:

If its Martinez, the owners have failed their first test

Massively underwhelming after a forensic search and the names that have been suggested.

Will cap a pretty shite month for them after the initial euphoria 

Ah, the classic “let’s get angry about something that may or may not happen before it does or doesn’t happen” post. Tiresome.