Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

This guy from Bournemouth is a bit of alright, isn't he?

Proving himself to be pretty bloody astute with the ol' subs any time we actually have options available on the bench.

Brilliant management of the game, knew when to light a fire under the players and the subs all felt spot on. 3-1 up on a game we're looking scrappy and deciding to bring on 3 attacking choices instead of trying to rest on the lead shows how dedicated he is to this unrelenting press from the front for the full 90minutes.

I'd love to see their fitness plans they use to condition the players for the intensity expected of them, especially in periods with congested games like this

1 hour ago, wormy said:

This guy from Bournemouth is a bit of alright, isn't he?

Proving himself to be pretty bloody astute with the ol' subs any time we actually have options available on the bench.

Thankfully Steve Bruce pushed for him as his replacement. Good old Steve.

53 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Getting a bit more into it in tonight's team photo. Got his fist in the air and a proper grin on.

I always find it funny how he celebrates goals then immediately gets self conscious and stops

1 hour ago, Lish007 said:

Does anyone have this article? I don't subscribe. Soz know it's cheeky..

I've got a subscription and can send you a copy in the PMs if you're still looking

I think he wasn't happy last night despite the scoreline, we were sloppy in possession at times, and he was having a right go at Schar for some long balls I think, defo had words with him during that little break in the first half.

That's so good to watch, him never being quite happy with performances, always looking for improvement, always wanting more.

I'm a nurse and have just been chatting to a patient about EH. He was saying he didn't know if Eddie could make it long term (he said he always has one or two good seasons and then flounders). 

I corrected him to the point that he now is thoroughly impressed with the bloke and wants him to manage Brighton!

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

I think he wasn't happy last night despite the scoreline, we were sloppy in possession at times, and he was having a right go at Schar for some long balls I think, defo had words with him during that little break in the first half.

That's so good to watch, him never being quite happy with performances, always looking for improvement, always wanting more.

He made reference to things he was unhappy with a few times in his post-match interview. Said the scoreline didn’t reflect the game. 

He has a point and all. We played far better against Man U and should have won 5-0. Last night, we were really sloppy and poor in spells. But we were ruthless for a change and were massively helped by some pub league defending. 

Funny old game. 

Two each for Wilson and Joelinton, the changes he made. It's like he's playing chess in 4D.

fwiw, Eddie Howe's NUFC now have positive goal difference in Premier League away games, overcoming the 0-4 at Leicester and 1-5 at Spurs etc. last season.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/daterange/fromdate:2021-Nov-21/todate:2023-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/

Edited by Stottie

54 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Tell you what else I loved - Eddie giving the lads a bollocking even when winning 2-0. Fucking loved that

Anyone under the impression we have a nice guy Eddie problem should watch this :laugh: