Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

On 22/01/2022 at 00:06, midds said:

Howe has inherited an utter shitshow but it's his job to try and fix it. I think everyone hopes he can and he certainly talks a good game but it's got to translate into results at some point. He was appointed to fix the problems, he either does or he doesn't. He's under no illusions and neither are the fans, another few shit results and he'll be struggling to hang on imo, which would be a real shame as I think he's a nice bloke with many qualities. 

I don't want him out and I want him to turn it around but something's got to happen soon. 

Narrator - it did :aww:

9 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

But at least Pilko did a mea culpa. He's a sound poster, and appeared to lose  the plot a little on this topic, like we all do on occasion.

A few still haven't admitted how fucking awful their takes were.

I can't remember the poster but after 2 or 3 weeks he wanted Howe gone.  I told him to "give your head a shake" and he went into a right strop.  Informing me that we had dropped a huge bollock in appointing Eddie.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Can I get some page references for some anti-Howe takes? Trying to remember what my take was, think I was fairly supportive once Emery dropped out but I think most in the board were, weren’t they?

Try page 80. Gerrard over Howe is a particular highlight. 

Just now, Rod said:

I can't remember the poster but after 2 or 3 weeks he wanted Howe gone.  I told him to "give your head a shake" and he went into a right strop.  Informing me that we had dropped a huge bollock in appointing Eddie.

Plenty of us had encounters like that. Some of the takes on here were just awful.

But fuck it, we've been on a great run for awhile. All is forgiven, as long as they don't do the same whit when we hit a bad patch.

There was some absolute bollocks being floated about Howe in December and January. I remember a lot of people acting like utter minges when Bruno wasn’t starting every game. That thread was a fucking nightmare.

17 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

But at least Pilko did a mea culpa. He's a sound poster, and appeared to lose  the plot a little on this topic, like we all do on occasion.

A few still haven't admitted how fucking awful their takes were.

Ah I know Pilko's sound as owt like, it's not a personal slight. It's just his posts that stick in my mind, particularly the 'P.E teacher with a LinkedIn account' one, or whatever it was. :lol:

Tbf Howe didn't give much room for criticism imo, the improvement was immediate with results not that far behind.

22 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

That podcast was fantastic. Could listen to that man speak about his methods and his philosophy all day. We really hit the jackpot with him

I'd been earlies at work. Came home, had a bite to eat, cup of tea, put that on and after about 45 mins drifted off onto the most blissfully conteted sleep I've had in years. 

28 minutes ago, christ said:

There was some absolute bollocks being floated about Howe in December and January. I remember a lot of people acting like utter minges when Bruno wasn’t starting every game. That thread was a fucking nightmare.

Aftermath of the FA Cup game was utter tosh in particular.

I notice we haven't heard from "Yelevats" lately, another big bonus of Eddie's success. Some of his posts back then, what a WUM twat. At least the majority who were being needlessly negative, their posts came from a position of being passionate fans who want the club to succeed.

I’ve got nothing against debate and people being critical whilst backing it up but I can’t stand the lads who have an agenda and pop up when it suits to spout negativity, or the people who lose their heads after a run of two bad results 

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve got nothing against debate and people being critical whilst backing it up but I can’t stand the lads who have an agenda and pop up when it suits to spout negativity, or the people who lose their heads after a run of two bad results 

I did a bit digging and the main Howe haters were et tu brute, duo, minhosa and away mag.  They seem to have disappeared.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

I admit I was underwhelmed and it did seem like he strung Celtic a long a bit. 

happy to admit I’m wrong he’s class 

I had actually been a fan of him for years before and had said to mates who are either Sunderland or Leicester fans at different times they should get Howe in. I was delighted when we got him due to his experience in dragging Bournemouth up through the divisions.

Apparently I said that the "process" mustn't have been working if it took us three weeks to get to Howe, which is obviously a load of bollocks, but also not that bad of a take consihow fucking desperate we were last year. 

Couldn't be happier with Eddie now like, so proud of him being our manager. 

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Was looking back through the old pages in the thread and a lot of the naysayers and angry men don’t appear to post much anymore, it’s class

Yep, Fanny disappeared off the face of the earth. And this place has been better for it.