Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him at 35M and did not get a new yellow dot, let alone a diamond :(

Judging on Maguire's performance against us in the 2-1, I agree with Stifler. Lascelles may not carry the ball as well or hit Hollywood passes, but is a better defender.

If we can look like this next week, it wouldn't be a bad window. We'll have done it on the cheap, but for me we'd be looking a stronger outfit that last season, especially at the start.

In:

Dubravka

Kenedy (loan)

Schar

Ki

Muto

Rondon

Bryan

Out:

Merino

Sels

Colback

MBemba

Mitrovic

Gayle

Dubravka is a massive upgrade on Sels and hasn't cost

Kenedy for a full season is huge

Schar - even at this point is an upgrade on Mbemba simply as Rafa didn't trust him/language etc...

Ki - i'd have hoped was a replacement for Colback, but its not the end of the world if he replaces Merino who did nothing after he signed permanently

Muto - Gamble but Gayle just doesn't have the goals at this level, questions on whether Muto does, but i think he'll be a better fit for Rafa

Rondon - Even as a Mitro fan it'll be nice to move on from the debate and hopefully we see him over Joselu which means for me an upgrade

Bryan - Dummet has been great but needs competition and we need something slightly different to him. Not sure if this guy is the answer but seems highly rated enough to try him out.

Overall that's a stronger team, especially come the start of the season. Its not glamorous, but neither was the one last year and we enjoyed that season more than any for some time. If we could get some competition for Ayoze then its a sensible window, but not spectacular. A survival window i suppose, but under Ashley its all we've got to look forward to.

:thup:

Still think we might see a Hayden improvement too. It’s obviously still pretty shite overall and not a major leap forward on the season end, but versus this time last year we do look to be ahead.

Guest chopey

West Ham bound isnt he?

Eh ? but I've just read a advert heavy web page link from an obscure transfer site on Newsnow that says we have been linked with him

Jesus Christ man when teams like Brighton are spending 60m Huddersfield and Fulham 50m

NUFC struggle to find 6m for a player who in a few years will be a 30m player

I wish the idiots running this club would just fuck off man

We're not struggling to find £6m are we, we just wont spend money because Ashley is choosing not to. It's a refusal to spend rather than not having the money, disguised as sell to buy but funnily enough we are making money with the sell to buy bullshit.

Looking at these it's pathetic really

He's a recap of our top transfers

1. Michael Owen (£17m, 2005)

2. Alan Shearer (£15m, 1996)

3. Georginio Wijnaldum (£14.5m, 2014)

4. Aleksandar Mitrovic (£14m, 2014)

5. Florian Thauvin (£13m, 2014)

6= Jacob Murphy (£12m, 2017)

6= Jonjo Shelvey (£12m, 2015)

6= Andros Townsend (£12m, 2015)

6= Matt Ritchie (£12m, 2016)

10. Fabricio Coloccini (£10.3m, 2008)