Transfer rumours

Yorkie

46 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:yuno: Why are there no rumours about Central Midfielders?!

Winks, Barkley, Grillitsch, Kamara, Elneny, Paqueta, Loftus-Cheek, Alli, van der Beek have all been linked in the last few weeks. That’s off the top of my head- I’m sure I’ve missed loads off. 

edit- plus Ramsey, Faivre, Witsel, Rabiot, Guendouzi, Zakaria, Berge, Arthur, Tolisso 

Edited by Manxst

I hope if we get one massive statement player it's a central midfielder. My FM brain hopes for someone like Tolisso, Barella, Tonali or the like. Someone completely unrealistic who will lift the quality of the team right off.

9 minutes ago, nortoon said:

I hope if we get one massive statement player it's a central midfielder. My FM brain hopes for someone like Tolisso, Barella, Tonali or the like. Someone completely unrealistic who will lift the quality of the team right off.

Tolisso out of the 3 - other 2 wouldn’t or don’t have a desire to leave Milan tbh 

plus Tolisso is the exact player we need in CM

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

Can’t help feeling that our interest in Trippier is being used to draw out more high-profile suitors.

Yeah there'll be a lot of that with a lot of players, sadly. Or players wanting to get a new contract at their current club.

24 minutes ago, Sima said:

Can’t help feeling that our interest in Trippier is being used to draw out more high-profile suitors.

I think he'll come as long as we give him a long contract, otherwise obviously if he can get the same money at somewhere like Spurs or Man U he'll go there. Can't see either of those giving him a 4/5 year contract which is what he seems to be asking for to come here. 

48 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Tolisso out of the 3 - other 2 wouldn’t or don’t have a desire to leave Milan tbh 

plus Tolisso is the exact player we need in CM

I'd be lying if I said I'd have seen any of the 3 play. They are just big names to me. :)

I still think if the finances are as massive as they might be, we are still going to be able to sign great players. It won't be every players cup of tea to come here. But if you offer to double the salary of a top player from say 100k to 200k, some are still going to come with the promise of a better team being created eventually. Most maybe don't want to yet because of the situation we are in, it's really annoying we didnt get the takeover before the season started. :(

Dembele is pretty injury prone these days, however if they are both just loan options as back up to Wilson it’s hard to turn our noses up in our current plight.

I get the feeling the majority of expenditure will go on defence and a midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're not going to go out and pay £50m plus for a Wilson upgrade in January so can see why we're being linked with young prospects on loan like Palmer or veterans on a short-term deal like Ighalo. Both upgrades on what we have behind Wilson at the moment.

Yeah folk need to be realistic with this window. Realistically if we splashed 40 million on Botman, 15 on Trippier and 10 on Kamara and a couple of loans it’s pretty unprecedented for a January window.