Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Just now, madras said:

Really ? I said Koulibaly like not necessarily him. Mix of quality and experience is definitely required there and is as realistic as a Botman with years ahead of him.

I get that but why is someone of his level going to come for a relegation scrap? 

The same could even be applied to Botman though he is younger and likely to be on relatively low wages

I think we need to be realistic about the level of player we can attract due to our league position 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I get that but why is someone of his level going to come for a relegation scrap? 

The same could even be applied to Botman though he is younger and likely to be on relatively low wages

I think we need to be realistic about the level of player we can attract due to our league position 

Depends how they sell it. "We stop up and we Man City things you'll be the father figure of what we create" and be very well compensated.

1 hour ago, Gazzaschicken said:

So what's the ideal pairing if we got botman and sule for 50m with Trippier for 25m that's 75m on 3 of a back 4

The rate we’ve shipped goals this season it’s a worthwhile investment.

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Nothing gets me harder than a CB pinging a 70 yarder like. If that 'scout report' is a fair reflection of how he is on the regular then it's a no brainer.

Lindelof does this every game. He also gets outjumped by midgets.

The media are loving writing multiple stories daily on transfers for us - it's pretty tiresome click bait.

It's funny how I used to love transfer stories pre-Ashley era, even as far back as checking the transfer gossip on Ceefax :lol: - during the Ashley era my fascination with who we could sign was really ruined, well, because for most of it we signed shit or didn't sign anyone during transfer windows. The Carr purple patch of signings being the only exception.

15 minutes ago, jack j said:

If we get a 'name' in early doors surely that should attract a few more...

If they are going to make a real go of this and want the window to go well then they find the biggest name willing to join early and pay them whatever it takes. Getting the ball rolling is vital and we should be hearing in the next few days a completed transfer ready to join 1st thing when the window opens. If not, they've missed the boat again and their timings are completely off. A week is a long time in football. They'll learn this the hard way if not careful.

14 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

Fuck it….Keep Dubs and Wilson….sell everyone else and buy a complete new team😀

I know you are joking (sort of) but if that's what it takes to keep us up might need to. If we can sign 6-7 players we'll have a much better chance of staying up, and tbh after Ashley's 14 years here, it's what's needed.

This squad has losing drilled in to them. Its in their DNA now. They're complete and utter losers. The only way to fix this is to bring enough players in who don't have the previous regime drilled into them and hope it pulls round the rest. 

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

This squad has losing drilled in to them. Its in their DNA now. They're complete and utter losers. The only way to fix this is to bring enough players in who don't have the previous regime drilled into them and hope it pulls round the rest. 

I also think quite a lot of them are seeing the writing on the wall as far as their careers as NUFC players. It's getting closer to January and they are probably thinking fuck this, we might not even be in the team in a couple of weeks time, I'm going to enjoy Christmas.

I fully expect us to lose to Man U, we aren't going to see a turnaround without a big injection of new blood.