Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Joking aside, he seems to be taking time to make the best decision for him. Fair play to the lad, it’s a short career and whatever path he takes financial security isn’t going to be a problem for him. 

Yeah. Have the same feelings towards Botman and Ekitike. They need to take time to do whatever is best for them.

That being said, if I don't see them both down in Pop World necking on with 46 year old housewives at 1am on Saturday I am going to FUCKING LIVID. 

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Howe knows about the pace of the league and he's obviously well aware of his own preferance for playing with a high line. As much as Badiashile looks the better choice to my completely amateur eye I'm going to assume there's a good reason we're so keen on Botman. If Botman is who we want then we don't want it to fall through man [emoji38]

I think you can compensate for a lack of pace to a degree, we did it quite effectively for most of the past 6 months. It just takes intelligent defenders, if he's up there with Trippier, Schar and Targett, then the overall lack of pace shouldn't be a problem. BDB is a big geordie nugget, of course. Love him.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I think you can compensate for a lack of pace to a degree, we did it quite effectively for most of the past 6 months. It just takes intelligent defenders, if he's up there with Trippier, Schar and Targett, then the overall lack of pace shouldn't be a problem. BDB is a big geordie nugget, of course. Love him.

It does mean we have to remain compact in a fairly low-block. The lack of pace was also a massive reason for some of our batterings and we could've been handed another by Liverpool too.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

It does mean we have to remain compact in a fairly low-block. The lack of pace was also a massive reason for some of our batterings and we could've been handed another by Liverpool too.

I know. But that was because we were drawn out of the low block. I know Howe probably doesn't want to play the low block but if we're this determined to sign him then he must see him as an improvement on Burn. If he's the calm, intelligent type of defender then he might be just what we need.

We've only been hammered by 3 of the top 4 teams. So it's not an ongoing problem. A minor improvement in parts might be all the machine needs to function properly

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Had we previously agreed a fee? Hard to keep track of this one.

Think they were saying we'd offered more money than Milan before but he only wanted to go to Milan. Now they're saying Milan haven't even made a formal bid and we've agreed a fee.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

After years of Ashley and paying little to no interest, I'm quite enjoying it. Might not feel the same way by July though.

100%, totally chilled about it. Have complete faith, things will happen, sit back and relax. 

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

100%, totally chilled about it. Have complete faith, things will happen, sit back and relax. 

Totally.

Loving every minute of it..first thing I do in a morning is check on here..

Fact we now have owners that could ,and have the ability to sign someone unexpected is a great feeling.

9 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Fuck that I wasnt everything now :lol: although I'm not one of these who stress because we haven't signed 5 superstars before the window opens. 

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

After years of Ashley and paying little to no interest, I'm quite enjoying it. Might not feel the same way by July though.

You will feel a lot better by July, as we all will!

44 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Same, but will feel better once we get in our first player who will significanly improve us from the team which finished the season.