More transfer rumours

midds

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

If you've got someone in front of him who knows what they're doing in the attacking sense, he's very good indeed.

We've just got ASM who is one of the best attacking players in the league, certainly outside the top 6.

The signings we’ve made will breathe new life into some of the others. Bruno G will influence the team to being more comfortable in possession while the essential new back line won’t be as overmatched as our previous found it all too often.

We’re a much stronger squad already, should be enough to stay up but we need everyone to hit the ground running.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

He is excellent defensively but not so good going forward. If you've got someone in front of him who knows what they're doing in the attacking sense, he's very good indeed.

I am surprised we've let him go on loan, he was excellent last season (after a difficult first one). I know we've signed Digne, who is better, but I'm surprised we've sent him out on loan in any case.

I understand why there won't be thousands of fans at the airport (metaphorically) for a signing like this, but he's absolutely solid.

:thup:

I think Manquillo being insane for like 10 minutes against Leeds left me a bit more miffed about this than I should tbh [emoji38]

Sounds spot on. 

Just now, Nobody said:

We've just got ASM who is one of the best attacking players in the league, certainly outside the top 6.

Which is, I am sure, what the thinking will be.

Like I said, I know it's not a glamorous signing, but it is a clever one. 

Like our signing Calum Chambers.

We've done better than I was expecting. Being in the relegation zone was going to make it difficult to attract players, other clubs were going to take advantage of our desperation by adding a premium, and at least some Premiership clubs would have wanted us to go down. I think we've overcome those obstacles pretty well, and it's been demonstrated that our new owners are prepared to spend.

Lets just hope that Eddie gets the new team to gel pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

@brummie possible he was just wanting to leave for first team footy given the Digne signing? 

Yeah, it's not him leaving that puzzles me, it is more us letting him. I know we have Ashley Young to cover there (and he's done very well for us thus far when used) but still surprised.

4 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Can't fault the owners I don't think, done some good work in bringing in players considering the position we're in. Really hope it's enough to keep us up

I agree. One job to do now, finish 17th in the league. Hope these players can do that !!

54 minutes ago, Chicane said:

Can't fault the owners I don't think, done some good work in bringing in players considering the position we're in. Really hope it's enough to keep us up

Can't fault them at all, we were the most active club in the world this January re trying to get stuff done.

It's a shame we couldn't bring in another out and out striker. If Wood gets injured, we only have Gayle, because I think Wilson is probably out for the season.

Good strikers are a precious commodity and clubs are reluctant to part with them. It's significant that the only one we landed was down to meeting his release fee.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

It's a shame we couldn't bring in another out and out striker. If Wood gets injured, we only have Gayle, because I think Wilson is probably out for the season.

Good strikers are a precious commodity and clubs are reluctant to part with them. It's significant that the only one we landed was down to meeting his release fee.

Is this based on something I've missed? :scared:

Said last night, signing Lingard would have made this a 10/10 window for me - he orva similar type would have been the final piece - puts us under pressure now if ASM gets injured - with Lingard it would have given us another option if the unthinkable happened to ASM

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Wilson is back early March