More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye, for all the flirting I would be surprised if Paqueta actually comes here. I think the only slim reason he might is the fact he flopped in Italy a couple of years ago.

Absolutely, this is the reason IMO, that top clubs are being a bit hesitant with him right now, and it's an opportunity for us to sneak in.

The timing just wasn't quite right for him at the time he was at Milan, but he's been able to build some confidence in Europe now, and is showing a lot more as he has settled, and so the timing is good right now if we can pull it off. Another good season in France and he probably does end up getting a lot more attention from top clubs.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

100% we desperately need better passers in the middle and he's played under guadiola so assume would be good. Doubt we will match wages yet though.

He’s on £20k pw. I hope we would be able to match that. 

14 minutes ago, 54 said:

Apparently Zinchenko wants to leave in order to play in midfield, would anyone take him for us in that position?

No from me. I’m sick to death of seeing him cry.

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’d rather have Pellegrini I think, nice to mix an Italian in with all the Brazilians. 

Wont be complaining of course. 

Pellegrini would be immense.

1 hour ago, kingxlnc said:

Paqueta, Diaby, Etikite and Botman potentially could be like the 2001/02 year where signing Laurent Robert, Craig Bellamy, Distin and Jenas took us from 11th to 4th

Matt Targett ---> Robbie Elliot

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Apparently Zinchenko wants to leave in order to play in midfield, would anyone take him for us in that position?

Can he play midfield? I don't think I've seen him play there

19 minutes ago, duo said:

Can he play midfield? I don't think I've seen him play there

I think he was always a midfielder until Pep moved him to LB. I could be wrong mind. 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

We'll be fine. There are so many players out there that get overlooked. Nunez just 3 years ago was playing in the second division in Spain. It's all about timing when you're not quite at the top as a club yet.

The timing for the Bruno signing was exceptional, and we've clearly swooped in and added a player that can play for any of the top clubs right now. Just need to use that blueprint for a few more and we are on our way.

Well the other side of the coin is that we probably have more to offer to younger talent who won't get a look in at the likes of Milan or Liverpool. Ekiteke being a prime example. Still very exciting times even if we can't compete for the established superstars. Yet.

1 hour ago, black_n_white said:

Played midfield vs Scotland and Wales and was excellent. Would be a great asset to have.

Like a woman in the latter stages of giving birth, Arsenal are "pushing hard" for his signature according to Mark Douglas in the iPaper.