More transfer rumours

midds

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Cheers mate, sounds a bit like how he was here, hot and cold, sometimes played out of position or in the wrong role, but put a shift in, pressed and got a goal or two. He was immense for us for a spell with Rondon and Almiron under Rafa. Do you think Rodgers will see out the season?

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Leicester are suffering from the typical Rodgers slump. He's only good for a couple of seasons before he runs out of steam.

Get rid of him and there's a serious squad which just needs a couple of big signings.

Rodgers is infuriating. You can’t argue with final positions and cup wins etc. But good god he has some glaring weaknesses.

I think a better manager could have got more from the team, but without great luck of finding one, could you actually attract that next tier manager? Doubtful. 

I’m not sure I’d shed any tears, the football is as dull as dishwater, he’s inherently negative and can’t set the team up to defend set pieces to save his life. Oh and he refuses to be wrong or take the blame for anything!

Someone mentioned Rafa, not sure about that. The club set their stall out some time ago to be a possession based team, and I presume they would stick to that. 

So hard for a club like us, you are always limited and will have ups and downs. Where as the big clubs can just cast aside half a dozen £40/£50m players without batting an eyelid and just buy more, a couple of duff signings can set you back a few years here. 

Our project is measured in decades and not a few years, the next step is to grow the size of the club to be with the next rung of clubs size wise. Your Villa, Everton, Leeds etc. Hence the ground capacity increase to 40,000+.

12 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Looking in on the outside I feel he’s criminally under used Iheanacho for example and of course Perez who cost, what, 30m? He’s done a very good job for them to be fair mind, an FA Cup win and a great run in Europe. Can Rodgers rebuild and create a new team to go again? I’m not so sure. 

Nightmare for Iheanacho and Daka really. Both can bang them in, yet Vardy is still a machine at 36, and we don’t really suit two up top. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Nightmare for Iheanacho and Daka really. Both can bang them in, yet Vardy is still a machine at 36, and we don’t really suit two up top. 

I forgot about Daka, and I love Vardy, such a great story and synonymous with your own club’s rise. He’s an inspiration to any young footballer in the lower leagues and even kids what can be achieved. He’s been a machine and for me will go down as one of the best PL striker’s of all time, or should do. Stick around if you can btw, it’s always good to get the insight of other fans on not only their own team, but ours and the game in general too. 

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

Rodgers is infuriating. You can’t argue with final positions and cup wins etc. But good god he has some glaring weaknesses.

I think a better manager could have got more from the team, but without great luck of finding one, could you actually attract that next tier manager? Doubtful. 

I’m not sure I’d shed any tears, the football is as dull as dishwater, he’s inherently negative and can’t set the team up to defend set pieces to save his life. Oh and he refuses to be wrong or take the blame for anything!

Someone mentioned Rafa, not sure about that. The club set their stall out some time ago to be a possession based team, and I presume they would stick to that. 

So hard for a club like us, you are always limited and will have ups and downs. Where as the big clubs can just cast aside half a dozen £40/£50m players without batting an eyelid and just buy more, a couple of duff signings can set you back a few years here. 

Our project is measured in decades and not a few years, the next step is to grow the size of the club to be with the next rung of clubs size wise. Your Villa, Everton, Leeds etc. Hence the ground capacity increase to 40,000+.

You mention possession based football and that being kind of an identity now for Leicester, but at what point does a club have to deviate from a single core ideal in order to maximise other aspects of the art of, well, winning games and succeeding? We are known as the Entertainers or were, brought up on attacking football under KK and then Sir Bobby and often get derided for craving for that kind of football, but we loved and still do love Rafa, the football I won’t lie was often shit, but there was an identity, clear tactics, hard work, improvements in almost every player and if he had of been backed more, the football would have improved without ever likely being that attractive. Man City are obviously a great team and play attractive football on the eye, but honestly I find their play boring, but maybe that’s just me.

3 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I forgot about Daka, and I love Vardy, such a great story and synonymous with your own club’s rise. He’s an inspiration to any young footballer in the lower leagues and even kids what can be achieved. He’s been a machine and for me will go down as one of the best PL striker’s of all time, or should do. Stick around if you can btw, it’s always good to get the insight of other fans on not only their own team, but ours and the game in general too. 

Cheers, will pop in now and again. Be interesting to see what happens for you, hopefully put the cat amongst the pigeons with the “big six” ass hats.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Foxedup said:

Cheers, will pop in now and again. Be interesting to see what happens for you, hopefully put the cat amongst the pigeons with the “big six” ass hats.

Good man (or women), I’ve been rooting for your team as a club to aspire to and yous winning the PL is arguably one of the greatest footballing achievements in the history of our game in this country. I think yous are that well run, yous will continue to be in contention for European places and cups, but it’s so hard even with money to break into the top 4 and especially to stay there. 

Just now, HTT II said:

You mention possession based football and that being kind of an identity now for Leicester, but at what point does a club have to deviate from a single core ideal in order to maximise other aspects of the art of, well, winning games and succeeding? We are known as the Entertainers or were, brought up on attacking football under KK and then Sir Bobby and often get derided for craving for that kind of football, but we loved and still do love Rafa, the football I won’t lie was often shit, but there was an identity, clear tactics, hard work, improvements in almost every player and if he had of been backed more, the football would have improved without ever likely being that attractive. Man City are obviously a great team and play attractive football on the eye, but honestly I find their play boring, but maybe that’s just me.

We loved Pearson and he was no footballing purist. It’s a relatively new thing for us, when we brought Puel in the club decided he and then the next person would follow a certain MO. 

ie. Good and working with and bringing through young players and also playing it around a bit more. We’ll stick to that for a while yet, it’s served us alright so far. 

I just want to be entertained (and win a few games) and that comes in many forms.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Foxedup said:

We loved Pearson and he was no footballing purist. It’s a relatively new thing for us, when we brought Puel in the club decided he and then the next person would follow a certain MO. 

ie. Good and working with and bringing through young players and also playing it around a bit more. We’ll stick to that for a while yet, it’s served us alright so far. 

I just want to be entertained (and win a few games) and that comes in many forms.

Aye, it’s great to win, but we’ve had some turgid shit football in the last 14 years even when winning and a nice balance between the two would be nice given how much it costs to go to games and there is no excuse if you have talented players to play crap football. Good luck this season, apart from when we face each other!

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

See I don’t get this, I get journalists have sources, but I don’t see how anyone connected with the club rings up Scott and says yeah we only want to spend 25 million on a wide attacker 

They don’t. They get their info from the agents. If the feedback is that is far as they are willing to pay for each of their targets then assumptions are made from there.

People need to look at the contract situation of who we are interested in not just the ability of the player. That’s what is determining our evaluations. A lot of details like release clauses etc will be unknown to the general fan.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They don’t. They get their info from the agents. If the feedback is that is far as they are willing to pay for each of their targets then assumptions are made from there.

People need to look at the contract situation of who we are interested in not just the ability of the player. That’s what is determining our evaluations. A lot of details like release clauses etc will be unknown to the general fan.

The players we are being seriously linked with don't seem to have low release clauses or that their contact is up soon

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The players we are being seriously linked with don't seem to have low release clauses or that their contact is up soon

So maybe a suggestion there is very little truth in some of them. Harrison on low wages and 24 month left the most realistic. Others just smokescreens whilst we look elsewhere.

"It may force Newcastle abroad, with the club having asked about Rennes’ Ghana international Kamaldeen Sulemana and RB Salzburg striker Benjamin Sesko, who scored in their Bundesliga opener against Austria Vienna on Friday."

This is the line from the bottom of Douglas' latest article (on Broja).

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

So maybe a suggestion there is very little truth in some of them. Harrison on low wages and 24 month left the most realistic. Others just smokescreens whilst we look elsewhere.

I'd say the most concrete links we've had this summer have been Diaby, Ekitkike, Botman and Harrison. None of those have had release clauses or running down their contracts and I'd be surprised if the 3 we haven't signed are smokescreens

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Haven’t watched Draxler closely for a long time. Anyone give an update of where his game’s been at for the last few years? Germans generally translate well to the premier league

Not great, he’s on par with Fraser, Murphy and Almiron for goal/assist last few seasons