More transfer rumours

midds

So much has changed since the takeover, like. Imagine being seriously linked with DCL under Ashley and having people turning their noses up at it :lol:.

I get that he’s had his injury issues but I think he’s a gamble worth taking for the right kind of fee. When he’s on song he’s nigh-on unplayable, one of (if not the) best strikers in the world for getting on the end of crosses; the lad has insane, basketball player hops.

32 minutes ago, Stottie said:

DCL's big injury this year was a broken toe, not a soft tissue or ligament problem likely to reoccur.

https://princerupertstower.com/2022/02/26/everton-dominic-calvert-lewin-late-injury/amp/

according to the above link, DCL was injured for 8-10 weeks with a quad injury. He’s also had a groin injury. He’s now currently out again with a quad injury. The Athletic claim he’s missed large chunk of this season with hamstring issues (and had similar issues last season).

14 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We absolutely need to go in for Nkunku, should be high priority for us right now.

He is first player to win four times Player of the month in Bundesliga during one season.

He will be going to an established champions league club if he goes this summer, no chance for us at this stage imo.

19 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We absolutely need to go in for Nkunku, should be high priority for us right now.

He is first player to win four times Player of the month in Bundesliga during one season.

Totally agree. We need wingers who can create something while also scoring goals. Mane and Salah are excellent examples of such players.

Nkunku, Diaby yes please.

Even Wood had become more comfortable with such players around him

22 minutes ago, Manxst said:

https://princerupertstower.com/2022/02/26/everton-dominic-calvert-lewin-late-injury/amp/

according to the above link, DCL was injured for 8-10 weeks with a quad injury. He’s also had a groin injury. He’s now currently out again with a quad injury. The Athletic claim he’s missed large chunk of this season with hamstring issues (and had similar issues last season).

I was just going off Transfermarkt, so yes, he may have other issues. The whole point of getting competition to Wilson is to have someone available!

Calciomercato is saying we’re offering Perisic 107k per week to join on a free.

Not sure where he’d play for us (plays as a lwb at inter currently) but even at 33 he’s a still a very good player imo. Still reasonably mobile as well; if true, it’s a no brainer for me, Clive.

Thinking about who to go for is so difficult. Some players out there like Raphinha if Leeds go down or Nunez are ones you'd think we could attract but they'll have offers from clubs in European competitions which may stump us. But then we were able to get Bruno when 18th. Tough one.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I’d take him, he hasn’t lost his legs I don’t think, could get a couple of good seasons out of him 

How the hell is Perisic still only 33?! He's been around forever

Edited by Holmesy

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Thinking about who to go for is so difficult. Some players out there like Raphinha if Leeds go down or Nunez are ones you'd think we could attract but they'll have offers from clubs in European competitions which may stump us. But then we were able to get Bruno when 18th. Tough one.

We are a journey, not a destination. An exciting option for all the right type of candidates who would fit in with the project of the richest football club in the world!!

All aboard the joyride! :indi:

12 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Only issue is he adds an extra ugliness to our team. We’d need to balance out with another handsome player 

DCL and Nunez are both absolute smokeshows. Plus we already have Wilson, Bruno and Schar,. We’ll be fine.

46 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Perisic is pure class, as long as he's in the right frame of mind at this stage of his career. 

best player in the park in yesterdays final