More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, et tu brute said:

No they need a striker, right winger and central midfielder. All three are required in my opinion and I'm pretty confident we will get all three. The amount of clickbait shite people buy into always leaves me bemused. 

This is correct and we will sign all 3.  If it doesn't happen you can drink a pint of my piss.  The piss thing might sound unusual but it shows how confident I am.

14 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

This is correct and we will sign all 3.  If it doesn't happen you can drink a pint of my piss.  The piss thing might sound unusual but it shows how confident I am.

You want someone else to drink a pint of  your piss if your belief of signing 3 more players doesn’t happen ? 😂

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You want someone else to drink a pint of  your piss if your belief of is signing 3 more players doesn’t happen ? 😂

I can see a few taking up this offer...

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bruno and Joelinton combined do all of those things.  I do think we need a cm as well though.  Stirker, winger and CM and I am happy.  Anything less and I think we have missed a big opportunity but we should only do it if the deal is right.

It will be a big opportunity lost I agree (also agree only at the right price).

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You want someone else to drink a pint of  your piss if your belief of is signing 3 more players doesn’t happen ? 😂

Firstly, at some point, someone on this forum is going to have to drink a pint of piss when they say they are going to.

Secondly, it won't happen because if we don't address the 3 positions then the ownership would have failed and I have full confidence in them.

5 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bruno and Joelinton combined do all of those things.  I do think we need a cm as well though.  Stirker, winger and CM and I am happy.  Anything less and I think we have missed a big opportunity but we should only do it if the deal is right.

No they can't, Joe can on the left but doesn't create, Bru o is to be the deep playmaker. As it stands we play with Almiron/Fraser or Willock/Longtaff until at least January. I'd risk Almiron/Fraser.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Firstly, at some point, someone on this forum is going to have to drink a pint of piss when they say they are going to.

Secondly, it won't happen because if we don't address the 3 positions then the ownership would have failed and I have full confidence in them.

But you are offering someone else to drink yours 😂

Looking at the sheer amount of players you’d think we *could* be interested in that are clearly available or into the final year of their contracts, I honestly feel like we’re still in the mix for some of our other top targets.

Howe and the rest will know better than us what needs to improve from last season to this, and I can hardly see them taking anything for granted.

Feels like the market is reaching a bit of a peak right now, so would hope and expect for more business from us in the next week or so.

If we don’t get at least two more quality players in the obvious positions, I’d be amazed. I’ll drink the piss.

Hope on TS:

Isak - been discussed since January, deemed too expensive a few weeks back but that was when Ekitike was priority. Still looking at Wilson as main striker and looking for more of a back up striker.

Doesn’t sound likely. 

34 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Give me sport. Been talking lots of nufc lately.

Cheers.

Never heard of them. 

Cheers to the other absolute bantz hounds for the other suggestions too. 

The original story says isak can play across the front 3. Does anyone think that we may see him as being that right sided forward? I know he’s barely played there but thinking about it that’s the only way that signing makes sense coz we have a very decent striker and very average right wingers. 

Howe has talked a lot about us ideally wanting to have more control of games. I’m certain that he wants another CM of some sort on top of a striker and wide player. I’d be surprised if we don’t sign one even if its not the main priority in this moment of time of the transfer window. People talk about FFP but it’s not only about this window but more long term. Can’t see us waiting to sign a CM because of FFP. If anything signing one now will give us a better chance of finishing high this season which would give us a better chance of reaching a place for a European spot. Which itself will enhance our chances of higher income and possibilities when it comes to sponsorship deals. While also raising the status of the club. Even if we don’t reach a European spot a CM will result in us having a better season overall. I think it’s important that we have a decent first season and then kick off from there. Many people will have their eyes on us and I think it can only help us going forward if we make a good 1st impression with a great first season under this new regime in charge. That’s not to say that we have to end in this and that position. We have to be realistic too. Spending on a CM now will mean that we won’t have to sign one for this particular role come January or next summer window. It won’t make a difference to FFP which is more long term. It can however help us to reach our goals and targets in a more smooth and quicker way. We shouldn’t sign a CM for the sake of it, but if the quality and right deal is there to be done I’m certain that we will want to do it now instead of later. Please don’t say that we can’t replace every player, it’s not about that. Get a striker and wide player and CM and it’s one hell of a start. Not that I will complain or moan if we don’t get a CM but I don’t see it not happening. I’m just happy we have our club back and have hope and ambition again. No matter how quickly we get “there” it’s fucking amazing and a journey I can’t wait to be a part of. Good times lads and lasses. 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

So basically none of them have a clue [emoji38]

Indeed

Thanks for fucking nothing at all Craig

Always makes me laugh when these journos announce they're going on a radio station