More transfer rumours

midds

I've got infinitely more faith in Fraser being able to step up than I would for Wood to like. It shouldn't be an or situation though, Diaby and a striker on loan or an Isak type signing with a winger on loan does the job either way hopefully. 

I personally believe Isaak has more potential and plays in a position that is notoriously expensive to sign top quality proven players. We sign him now and we can tick first choice ST off our transfer list for a good while. 

Obviously getting both him and Diaby would be the ideal outcome but also extremely unlikely.

Anyone remember the Arsenal fans going crazy in January because they saw a personalised number plate on a car and all thought they were signing Isak as a result? And now they’ve re-signed Nketiah, leaving Isak for us. They’re going to be very bitter if we get him….lol!

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Anyone remember the Arsenal fans going crazy in January because they saw a personalised number plate on a car and all thought they were signing Isak as a result? And now they’ve re-signed Nketiah, leaving Isak for us. They’re going to be very bitter if we get him….lol!

To be fair they signed Jesus, and he bagged a hat trick first time out for them, so they're pretty pleased at the minute!

I'm not sure if we're still in for Diaby. A lot of reliable German journos reported early on in the window that we were interested, but he only wanted to leave for another club in the Champions League. It's possible that we asked and he said no. There's only Ben Jacobs who has reported differently.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Look, I'm all for ruining Arsenal fans lives, but they did go out and sign Gabriel Jesus. I would murder a puppy to have him here.

I wonder if Isak can regain his confidence again. Been through a massive goal drought. Obviously still very young. Has the talent but would still be a gamble for what he would cost. If we get him then I’d be cautiously excited though, still.

Just now, Ikon said:

I wonder if Isak can regain his confidence again. Been through a massive goal drought. Obviously still very young. Has the talent but would still be a gamble for what he would cost. If we get him then I’d be cautiously excited though, still.

To be fair, Diaby would be a gamble too - you can look at his 21/22 season and compare it to Isak's 20/21. Obviously a quality player but what's to say Diaby will repeat it next season? Or in a superior league?

I think (to an extent) we're going to have to take a gamble on one of those spots (RW/CF). Those slam-dunk signings like Osimhen are just out of reach for us at this stage so we have to look at potential (Diaby) or someone who has had an off-season (Isak, DCL).

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Isak, Hudson-odoi or Broja, Diaby?

think I’d go for the former.

It's just nice to even be considering these options instead of being stuck in limbo for six months wondering if Ekiteke will ever arrive. Feels like there is genuine movement regardless of who we sign.

9 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

To be fair, Diaby would be a gamble too - you can look at his 21/22 season and compare it to Isak's 20/21. Obviously a quality player but what's to say Diaby will repeat it next season? Or in a superior league?

I think (to an extent) we're going to have to take a gamble on one of those spots (RW/CF). Those slam-dunk signings like Osimhen are just out of reach for us at this stage so we have to look at potential (Diaby) or someone who has had an off-season (Isak, DCL).

Tbh most players are a gamble to a degree. What I’m saying or implying towards is that more often than not it’s better to sign players that are on the way up, in great shape both mentally and physically. Players that have great confidence just oozing it. Sometimes however a gamble could prove to be a very very smart signing, and successful. Isak may very well be that. Very young and talented. But we aren’t signing a wide forward even though he drifts here and there at times. This version of Isak might be possible to sign, meanwhile say 18 months ago he wouldn’t be possible for us to attract. This assuming that we actually even are in for him, and if we can get him.

Edited by Ikon

As much as RW is a problem area I think Fraser and, to a lesser extent, Almiron are perfectly serviceable options over the season.

Up front we have Wilson and Wood. Injuries to one or both of those and our season is stuffed. Isak wasn’t particularly prolific last season, but he’d give us another dimension up front and would be a massive statement signing.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Got to say the Ekitike saga will be a blessing if we get Isak. Night and day in pedigree and Ektike will be out half the season with hammy’s.

Saudi Arabia 1 Qatar 0

I really liked some aspects of Ekiteke's play, like his timing of passes so I can understand why we pursued him. I am hoping we are seeing some of that in Isak as well. It's not always just about scoring goals, it's about how you can release other players into dangerous positions as well. Peter Beardsley was the perfect example, when he was in his pomp he was probably the best English player of his era.

Yes, but he doesn’t strengthen our 1st 11 as much as a top class RW would. If we sign Isak then I’m certain that we have more money available for other players too. Worst case quality loans. If we even go for Isak that is. 

Isak is good off the ball too running the channels. I like thought of that with Bruno.

Edited by Ikon