More transfer rumours

midds

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I think we need Bruno and a centre back as an absolute minimum on top of what we've got, otherwise it goes down as a poor window. 

I do agree. Bruno, a good CB and a ST and ill be over the moon.

5 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Happy but not relaxed. I think we really, really need someone to score goals.

I think the opposite 

we desperately need to get either two centre half’s 

or one centre half and a left back ..our defence is horrendous / slow / full of errors 

Lascelles - no confidence/ went backwards 

Clarke - lol 

Fernandez - best defender but doesn’t play

lewis - still not ready , scared to go forward , but might be good one day ! 

Dummett - one game every season

Ritchie - not a defender

Getting Bruno seems to have removed a lot of the stress and pressure for the remainder of the window.

Next priority is clearly a CB. Although Burn is an upgrade on Clark he will be underwhelming compared to Carlos and Botman.

Also, he does very little to reduce an already ageing back line.

Not sure where we go on a CB though. I'm really not sold on Burn, Phillips, Rodon, Tarkowski etc.

Webster would be good but no chance of signing a top CB from another PL club this late in the window.

With Bruno here though, I feel like regardless of what happens we can enjoy the rest of the window as we'll definitely sign a CB, they just won't be of the Botman/Carlos pedigree.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Bruno, Trippier and Wood and ~£70m spent would make for an incredible window tbh, despite the fact it would mean not having plugged every gap. No other team is coming close to that level of investment, meanwhile - compare it to how the window would've shaped up had the takeover not happened. :lol: I'm still absolutely buzzing over just Trippier tbh, what a fucking signing that was. Stick Bruno on top of that and it's two outrageous upgrades. 

Obviously I hope we get a CB like cos we do need a boost in that position, but the extra striker, or Lingard, or a winger would definitely be bonuses at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Rich said:

We're currently on a 2/10 Transferometer rating from me. Bruno would take it to 4/10, Burn to 5/10, and Bakker to 6/10.

I'm going to need an exciting right-sided CB and a second striker in the Zapata/Nunez mould to hit the big 10. If we end up with the equivalent of Phillips and Lingard instead, I'll top out at an 8.

Trippier, Carlos, Botman, Digne, Guimaraes, and Zapata/Nunez would've been off the scale.

Compared to what? 

With Bruno I think it makes it a 9 for me. 

2 champ league ready signings is mental great compared to anything we have endured for a decade

23 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

So it’s looking like Bruno , Burn and Bakker will be out lot for the remainder of the window now then .

I would be happy with them but no where does it point to it just being them so no idea where you get that idea from. 

10 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I think we need Bruno and a centre back as an absolute minimum on top of what we've got, otherwise it goes down as a poor window. 

Just find that an absolutely incredible view tbh, and getting at the owners/Howe etc for the sake of it. The level of investment and quality of players we've recruited is off the scale compared to other windows, including Wood.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Just another striker would keep us up imo. I don’t think our CBs are anywhere near as bad as they’ve looked and having a decent mid will improve them greatly 

Agree with this, but it is kind of terrifying that we're an injury away from Clark playing on a regular basis.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Just find that an absolutely incredible view tbh. The level of investment and quality of players we've recruited is off the scale compared to other windows.

We haven't bought a centre back since summer 2018, we're absolutely desperate for new blood in that area, shipping goals left right and centre and yet with a bottomless pit of cash (admittedly in a difficult window) we can't get better than Lascelles or Clark?

Much like those two chumps can't defend, I can't defend that concept either. A CB is an absolute must.

Just now, Pilko said:

We haven't bought a centre back since summer 2018, we're absolutely desperate for new blood in that area, shipping goals left right and centre and yet with a bottomless pit of cash (admittedly in a difficult window) we can't get better than Lascelles or Clark?

Much like those two chumps can't defend, I can't defend that concept either. A CB is an absolute must.

I won't deny that we need a CB, it's definitely priority number one after Bruno signs and it would be a shame if we couldn't secure one. But the improvement to the side and in front of the CBs is enormous and will make a difference. 

I'm very confident that we'll sign at least one centre back that's an upgrade on what we have, mainly because there are so many that'll be available who'll be an upgrade that even if it comes down to the final hours, we should get someone. 

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Could see us going for Origi if Liverpool sign Diaz.

Diaz is a wide player though. Either as a wide forward or winger. Origi is more of a CF. 

Ive really really wanted us to go for Luis Diaz, even if unlikely. 

Burn would be ideal for us: premier league experience, in form of his life, a geordie and wants to come home... 

A left back and another striker/winger who can add some goals is also needed, we are quite toothless up front at times...

DC needed for me, obviously the ones we've got aren't good enough. Also someone for RW so that we're not just attacking through ASM all the time because it's too easy for teams to just double up on him knowing he's our only outlet. Get good players in those two positions and we'll finish well clear of the drop zone.

Striker would be nice but TBH unless it's someone fantastic I'm OK with who we have there, especially when Wilson is back which won't be too long.

17 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think the opposite 

we desperately need to get either two centre half’s 

or one centre half and a left back ..our defence is horrendous / slow / full of errors 

Lascelles - no confidence/ went backwards 

Clarke - lol 

Fernandez - best defender but doesn’t play

lewis - still not ready , scared to go forward , but might be good one day ! 

Dummett - one game every season

Ritchie - not a defender

Yeah mate ideally a striker and a CB but I think someone to JUST PUT IT IN THE NET is top of the list.